Forum Design (banners, themes)

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Forum Design (banners, themes)

Post by Muffinman » 25 Jul 2012 17:58

I think this theme is good.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Jul 2012 08:13

I'm fine with this default theme. It's clean and non-pretentious, and has already grown on me. If this is the skin with the most functionality, I say we run with it.

Unrelated note: I noticed the profile pictures and the names of posters are now back on the left side of the screen. Thanks for setting that up; it reads a lot better now.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 10 Aug 2012 07:37

Before the update when you went to peoples profiles there was a link to see all threads started by that user. I would like to have that feature back, since the search function is so bad it was easier to find old stuff this way.

Allan

Post by Allan » 10 Aug 2012 08:44

Asmus wrote:Before the update when you went to peoples profiles there was a link to see all threads started by that user. I would like to have that feature back, since the search function is so bad it was easier to find old stuff this way.
In the "User Statistics" box (middle-right of page), there's a "Search user’s posts" link which is the same page that the previous theme called "Find all posts by Asmus." From what I can see the functionality is identical ... no?

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 12 Aug 2012 11:07

There was added one for threads aswell as posts. That is what I am asking about. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my first post. It showed a list of all threads by that user in chronological order after the one with the latest post.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 31 Dec 2013 04:47

I am still missing that feature ^

I also would like to see it possible to get a chronological member list based on most posts.

There also used to come a popup when you got a PM. I am sure a lot of people have unanswered PMs because of this feature being taken away. I only by chance recently realized I had a bunch of unanswered PMs.

Allan

Post by Allan » 10 Mar 2014 20:56

Allan

Post by Allan » 20 Mar 2014 18:23

Obviously I've been making changes around here. I've had some spare time and recently I've been inspired to work on footbag stuff; perhaps it's because I've not been playing very much. At any rate, I've not heard any complaints at all about the changes I've made over the last week (and they've been relatively dramatic). Here's your chance to voice your concerns :)

I've got more changes coming if nobody is adverse to it. I asked Holly Mathews to make us a logo; More banners; And a refining of the top menu and various small things about town. If anyone has any suggestions or criticisms, speak up :)

Eventually I want to make this theme "responsive." The other theme available right now "respond" (that I spent a bunch of time making) is turning out to be too ambitious for me to complete to the level I want (or at least I've burned out on working on it for the foreseeable future), whereas I can likely hack the CSS on this theme so that it looks better on mobile, while retaining the layout for desktop. The middle ground, methinks. Tapatalk is cool, but the experience can/should be good on the website too.

So, yeah. As much as I'm technically able, I recognize that I am not a great designer, and have been trying to be a lot more open to criticism. So please tell me if I'm fucking the site up :)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Mar 2014 00:02

I think it looks great. Maybe a bit too much like facebook on the topbar / color scheme.

I would still like a "find all topics started by this user" in the user profile section.
I really miss that sometime when I try to dig out old stuff.

Also the memberlist used to be possibly to sort based on most posts. I would like that function back.
I am coming for you Erik Chan!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Mar 2014 00:03

One more thing: Shouldn't the modified banner be the same size (atleast height) as the other banners?

Allan

Post by Allan » 22 Mar 2014 18:47

Asmus wrote:I think it looks great. Maybe a bit too much like facebook on the topbar / color scheme.
Changed it :) Sampled a colour from the Gdansk Jam banner. Better? Suggest something? When the logo comes in, it might change again.
Asmus wrote:I would still like a "find all topics started by this user" in the user profile section.
I'll look into this at some point, for sure.
Asmus wrote:Also the memberlist used to be possibly to sort based on most posts.
http://modified.in/footbag/memberlist.p ... &sk=d&sd=d

Allan

Post by Allan » 22 Mar 2014 19:09

Asmus wrote:One more thing: Shouldn't the modified banner be the same size (atleast height) as the other banners?
My thinking was that the logo should stand out more from the banners. Also the logo only being 100px taller seems small. I kind of like the white space that's creating above the banner. Maybe the banners could be 150 tall? We should revisit this when the actual logo is finalized.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 23 Mar 2014 01:33

Good job. I like the light blue!