PM Email Notifications

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

PM Email Notifications

Post by Jeremy » 24 Feb 2013 03:09

This is a rather trivial issue, but in the past when somebody sent you a PM you'd get an email notification that told you what the message said. Since the upgrade happened things have changed so that you get an email notification, but have to log in to modified to actually read the message? I'm just wondering if it's easy to change it back to having the message contained in the email? Obviously it's a minor issue, so if it's time consuming to do (or obviously if it's impossible), then don't worry about it. It's just one of those things that annoys me every time I get a PM and I thought I'd make a comment about it, so that everybody can see how petty I am :)

Allan

Re: PM Email Notifications

Post by Allan » 24 Feb 2013 14:38

I can likely make this happen. I'll post back here at some point if & when I can do it ... :)

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Feb 2013 20:01

I still get notifications if that makes any difference.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 24 Feb 2013 20:38

After the update I also stopped getting the e-mails that I had been accustomed to. I don't remember now if I wasn't getting any e-mail alerts to PM's at all, of if I was getting an e-mail but the e-mail didn't contain the contents of the PM... I just can't remember exactly. But I do remember noticing that the e-mail alerts about PM's had changed for the worse in some way or another.

I was going to send a message about it also, but first I tried messing around with my account settings. Again, I don't remember exactly what I changed, but it did seem sort of obvious at the time. Now, I once again receive e-mails sent right to my personal hotmail account that contain the full contents of the PM's that people send me. I just got one today...
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Allan

Post by Allan » 24 Feb 2013 21:12

When the board was upgraded last summer, there was a period of time where the new code somehow broke the email functionality and no emails were being sent out for anything. I fixed that within a couple of weeks.

As it happens, I had some time this afternoon and was able to add the contents of a PM to its email notification. Strangely enough, in my testing, I don't see it, but Jeremy assures me that he does. Can someone else confirm that the email notification of a PM now contains the text of the message itself?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 01 Mar 2013 14:30

Outsider wrote: Now, I once again receive e-mails sent right to my personal hotmail account that contain the full contents of the PM's that people send me...
Hey Jon, given that you are living in the late 1990s, and your account says you are in the NYC area, I thought I should warn you about this.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 02 Mar 2013 22:34

Holy Shit, dude! Does anyone else know about this yet?
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP