Bug Reports

Topics about or relating to the forum itself and how it's run.
Allan

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Allan » 01 Apr 2015 08:21

That's weird. It's broken for me too. I wonder when that happened. It's broken in the new theme too :( Grrr.

Too much things! lol

I'll get it fixed ASAP.

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 06 Apr 2015 21:27

This is probably another theme bug, and not a terribly important one, but I figured I'd post it here:

EDIT: if it's not terribly obvious, I'm referring to the non re-sizing link, forcing my window to scroll horizontally.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 02 Jun 2015 07:53

When trying to embed vimeo by hilighting the link and clicking on the vimeo box, the video does not embed. A giant blank space appears where the video should be. It's not my own user settings or browsers as I've tested that out.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Allan

Post by Allan » 03 Jun 2015 10:14

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:When trying to embed vimeo by hilighting the link and clicking on the vimeo box, the video does not embed. A giant blank space appears where the video should be. It's not my own user settings or browsers as I've tested that out.
Hmm. It worked for me.

Does the Vimeo URL you're pasting in use httpS (with the "S")? That's required. I really ought to fix that so that it's not required, but at the moment, it is ...

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 03 Jun 2015 18:34

the s was included. I just get a big empty space where the embedding should be. No code or video. hmmmmm.....
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 05 Jun 2015 11:41

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:the s was included. I just get a big empty space where the embedding should be. No code or video. hmmmmm.....
I've noticed this error in the past as well, but didn't have the time to eliminate my system as a variable.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 07 Jun 2015 10:28

I'll look further into as soon as I have the time. I'm engrossed in a new project right now (that I think folks will like), but I'll put my janitor jumpsuit on soon and do some cleaning up around here...

Allan

Post by Allan » 16 Aug 2015 08:53

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:When trying to embed vimeo by hilighting the link and clicking on the vimeo box, the video does not embed. A giant blank space appears where the video should be. It's not my own user settings or browsers as I've tested that out.
I fixed this...

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 16 Aug 2015 09:16

Awesome! thanks Allan.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 14 Sep 2015 20:02

Kylescook wrote:This is not a bug report. I am merely curious to know why in my browser tab the modified logo is a "B" as opposed to an "M" or some other letter/symbol.
I think that this is finally all set :) I should have made this more of a priority, since it looks sooooo much cooler now with all the icons in place. Most browsers should now show the "panel-m" icon in most places it shows that; if you "add to your home screen" in Safari on iPhone, you now see the logo there. It looks great :D

Thanks again to akprice for the awesome work with the logo.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 15 Sep 2015 04:29

Thanks Aaron and Allan. Modified looks great.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 30 Nov 2015 12:01

I think I just crashed the site by doing a search with nothing but an asterisk. I was trying to see all the recent posts, sorted by date. Sorry.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 11 Mar 2016 12:17

In the Edit Account Settings portion of User Control Panel, I noticed that the description underneath the CURRENT PASSWORD field was left with a default:
"{ CURRENT_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN }"
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 13 Mar 2016 19:59

Kylescook wrote:In the Edit Account Settings portion of User Control Panel, I noticed that the description underneath the CURRENT PASSWORD field was left with a default:
"{ CURRENT_CHANGE_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN }"
I will fix this ... :D

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 16 Apr 2016 07:43

I had an issue with the Quick Reply button not working today. I tried in IE, Firefox and Chrome. The issue did not seem to be present in IE. I tried clearing cookies, cache, etc. rebooting and attempting again. Still only working for me in IE.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 16 Apr 2016 09:09

Hm. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I made some changes to the server yesterday to make things more secure, and didn't quite realize the scope of the changes I'd made. We get a lovely A+ from the security headers site now, but it's broken a few things on the page that now I've got to fix :( I will attempt to do that over the weekend.

I might add that the fact that this works in IE likely means that IE is doing something it shouldn't and demonstrates why using a browser other than IE is preferable.

Thanks again! 8)

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 18 Apr 2016 04:26

Allan wrote: I might add that the fact that this works in IE likely means that IE is doing something it shouldn't and demonstrates why using a browser other than IE is preferable.
Thanks again! 8)
Ha, couldn't agree more
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Allan

Post by Allan » 18 Apr 2016 17:10

OK, this is "fixed" in that I just disabled the header that was causing the problem since I don't have the time to research what a proper policy is to set that allows the things I want to do... blahblah.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 23 Dec 2016 15:57

Hi Allan,

I'll put this here instead of in the other thread regarding the recent upgrade to the forums.

So, This has happened a couple of times now since you moved servers. I am able to write a quick-reply fine, but when I attempt to submit it, I get the following error:
wrote: The modified.in page isn’t working

modified.in is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
If I refresh the page, everything becomes fine and the message is posted. Similarly, if I click the back button in my browser I am taken to the previous screen with the quick-reply I typed still in the text box. When I click the forward button, the text-box clears and the message gets posted.

Hope that makes sense. If it is not a bug, sorry! It happened on Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 for linux.

Thanks homie!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 13 Oct 2017 12:23

Hi Allan,

The error in the post above this one is still happening. It happened with a new PM too. Replying to a PM didn't throw the error.

Note that

1. The PM does seem to get sent, and
2. refreshing the page takes you back to the editor for typing the message.

Maybe something is getting written somewhere, or activated somewhere that users don't have permissions for?

TJ
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson