BSOS.IT - now just BSOS

Working on a footbag-related project? Ask for help, get feedback/advice here.
Asmus
Ass Moose

BSOS.IT - now just BSOS

Post by Asmus » 06 Mar 2014 01:19

Hey guys

I've been working on this online footbag magazine for a while and I am super close to launching it.
Rory is writing a bunch of stuff for it as well and I got articles and other content coming in from all kinds of baggerz.
If you have suggestions, wanna get involved or just wanna say wassup feel free to do so.
About BSOS.IT

Footbag is a serious sport, a lifestyle and a movement. BSOS.IT’s mission is to be the number one spot for coverage of footbag lifestyle and culture. We aspire to bring our readers content with intelligence, perspective, humor and dedication. The content is equally written to inspire you to get involved in the community and to get you out and kick. BSOS.IT want to push progression, document now and reflect on the past of the footbag scene. The goals are lofty, the crew dedicated and the ideas plenty but we could always need a hand:

Submissions

We are always interested in reading what you have been up to, see the videos you make or check out the photos you have taken and maybe we’ll even put them up on the site. With that being said we have few simple rules for us to consider your content. All content must be yours and not have been posted anywhere beforehand. After it is uploaded to the site you can share it wherever you want and you of course keep all of the rights to the content.
•All submissions should be sent to asm at footbag dot org
•Submitted articles should be spell checked and sent in a reasonable file format. For example will .doc or .docx do just fine.
•Submitted photos should be in high resolution and include footbagger name, location and photographer name.
•Submitted videos should be sent as hidden youtube or even better hidden vimeo videos. Once the video is online on the site you will be allowed to make the video public.

I don’t have any content ready but I want to get involved – is that possible?

Probably! Send us an email to the address mentioned above containing where you are from, a brief summary of your footbag career and any skills you have that could be usable for a footbag magazine and we will see if we can figure something out.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Re: BSOS.IT - A new online footbag magazine

Post by Vraidave » 06 Mar 2014 12:07

I'm not sure there's any way I could help with this, but I definitely like the idea. Not only will it be another resource for footbaggers, but it could even bring money into the footbag community through adverts and the likes. Great idea, good luck Asmus :)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 06 Mar 2014 23:44

Hey David

Happy that you like the idea. And thanks for the kind words.

It would help if you just wrote down a couple of footbag related articles that you would like to read.
I can't promise they will get written but I will see what I can do.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 07 Mar 2014 03:47

Well, for starters, the obvious stuff, like coverage of Worlds or Opens or other major events. It might also be cool to have a small spot for smaller, local jams. There are more of those so it would probably just be that, a small spot: "NYFC is hosting a Jam on March 7" etc. Or maybe allow those hosting the event to advertise it ( I know Nick Polini, who has been advertising his PSU Jamps like crazy, would be all over that." I could see like a small box on the side of a page dedicated to that kind of thing. It might also be cool to have a spot featuring players. It could be new players with a lot of potential or even BAPped players. Just something to bring the community a little closer, and have them know a little about each other.

Possibly a trick tip section. Monthly or Bi-monthly or however you decide to release you could put in tips for tricks that people might be struggling with, maybe one part for beginner tricks and another for advanced, or just one or the other.

These are just some ideas. I put a few down there, trying to help any way I can. Even if none of them get written, maybe it'll help inspire other stories from you and your crew. I'll update with more after (or during) school if I think of some!
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 07 Mar 2014 09:27

I also don't know how out of reach this idea is, but maybe BSOS.IT gear. I like the logo, so I wouldn't mind sporting it on some shorts or a shirt :)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 08 Mar 2014 07:12

Thanks for the great suggestions!
Vraidave wrote:Well, for starters, the obvious stuff, like coverage of Worlds or Opens or other major events.
There will be coverage of tournaments. They will be in-depht. The goal is not news but serious information.
Vraidave wrote:It might also be cool to have a spot featuring players. It could be new players with a lot of potential or even BAPped players. Just something to bring the community a little closer, and have them know a little about each other.
There will be a lot of interviews. From biggest stars to new players and key figures in the business and organization side of footbag.
Vraidave wrote:Possibly a trick tip section. Monthly or Bi-monthly or however you decide to release you could put in tips for tricks that people might be struggling with, maybe one part for beginner tricks and another for advanced, or just one or the other.
I am not gonna do this. There might be articles about a specific trick or concept but it will be more from a historical view point.
Vraidave wrote:I also don't know how out of reach this idea is, but maybe BSOS.IT gear. I like the logo, so I wouldn't mind sporting it on some shorts or a shirt :)
This is definitely something I will eventually look into. And I am happy you like the logo.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Mar 2014 18:31

A YouTube channel with weekly news in vlog form would be a lot more palatable and fun. They could just be embedded in each article as a video version of whatever is said. I've always thought that would be super fun and I would tune in to every one. I think it would be nice to see more personality from the article writers too in this way. I think it would also be a great way to take advantage of the "online magazine" format -- articles can just as easily be done in print, but as soon as you add video content it's something more unique to the technology.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Mar 2014 00:03

I like the idea. But I have nowhere near the time to do something like this.
If anybody would like to this and need a platform for sharing it other than YouTube I am up for it.

I have a couple of other ideas of how to utilize the online aspect of the magazine.

I also have a video-related idea for the magazine that I think you could be a big help with Erik. I will contact you about that.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Mar 2014 20:50

Pipenberg and I wanted to do a webmag right after worlds '13 but we never got it together. One of our ideas was to do "Trick Of The Week" and have some player film a new awesome trick that gives newer players something to aspire to.

Another idea is to do 1 or 2 "theme days" like "Massive Mondays", "Trick Tip Tuesdays", "Workshop Wednesdays", "Freak Out Fridays"…

Any of them would be cool, but I personally would love to see something done on Fridays so players have something to look forward to by the end of a long work week. Like a new video from someone good or some crazy link or I don't know, just something that we can all look forward to that will keep us constantly checking out the site, especially at the end of the week.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 06 Apr 2014 11:04

www.bsos.it

It's up and running!

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 09 Apr 2014 07:40

Nice man, it looks good!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 12 May 2014 05:01

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support especially to the contributors.

We just hit a 1000 unique hits!

We are always looking for submissions so get in touch.

:mrgreen: :footbag:

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 27 May 2014 23:08

Posted a little video and an interview with Aleksi yesterday.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 04 Jun 2014 09:50

Great interview. Thanks for doing that.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 02 Dec 2014 13:24

If you could ask any footbagger any question - what would it be and to who?

I will try making your wish come true.

Post it here or send it to me in a PM.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 02 Dec 2014 13:57

Johnny Suderman: Best at Atomic, Quantum and Nuclear. Why no Quasi to complete the list? :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2014 16:44

Nick Landes: What's the coolest thing you've hidden in your hair?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Allan

Post by Allan » 03 Dec 2014 20:12

Rippin' Rick Reese: How did "the" go from being a term about linking tricks (more akin to tiltless/guiltless) to being about not doing dexes cleanly?

See here for more info.

I've asked him before and he told me he'd get back to me ... maybe you can coerce a story out of him? :P

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Apr 2016 23:39

I relaunched BSOS.IT

Please get in touch if you wanna write something for it.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: BSOS.IT - now just BSOS

Post by Asmus » 03 Oct 2017 02:43

I have moved BSOS.IT to the modified blog network. The new URL is https://modified.in/bsos/

The name is now just BSOS. Everything else stays the same.

Let me know if you wanna write something - you can also set up your own modified blog.