Youtube Hacky Sackers Recruitment

Working on a footbag-related project? Ask for help, get feedback/advice here.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Youtube Hacky Sackers Recruitment

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Mar 2014 18:03

I just recently posted most of this on the Facebook page, but I turned it into a project...

This is something I want to address to every player. Too many times, some of us see a video of a "hacky sacker" and we do 1 of 3 things: 1) Make fun of them/discourage them, 2) compliment them, or 3) nothing at all.

Whenever I see someone on the youtubes that can do some basic stalls or some basic tricks or even just really nice both sided kicks, I leave a little comment pointing them in the right direction with links to find our community or if I have some information, like a name or an area they live, I do a bit of research (some might call it creeping, but well… F&%$ you. It's for the good of the sport) and if they're in an area that I know with other players, I send them that player's contact information.

This is one specific video that was posted to Modified recently with the same idea of what I'm talking about:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHZubTRcyI[/youtube]

Posted, but no effort to contact the kid. Found out Clarkston was in Michigan, not far from where Anton Britting lives. We're trying to get in contact with him currently. Chances are high, since the video was posted only a few days ago.

I know this is happening all the time with kids that post hacking on youtube. I thought it would be a great idea to spread word and recruit some new players if we used this thread as a sort of "home" or "lost and found", if you will, for "Youtube Hacky Sackers".

TL;DR: Basically, post videos of people that look like they might have some potential with good kicks, stalls, or even some tricks up their sleeve. Post the videos and when they are posted, everyone try to comment on their video, giving linkage to the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/footbag/) and Modified.in.

Maybe this project thread can get us some new players this year!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Youtube Hacky Sackers Recruitment

Post by Jazzkid » 24 Mar 2014 07:17

I love this video....it reminds me of when i first starting kicking......thanks Nick
SHRED HARD!

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 12 Jan 2015 08:49

I've been doing this whenever I see young hack players post to Instagram. Just had one followup with me asking for drills.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Jan 2015 09:40

Kyle, you gotta find out what state they are from, then message me and I'll let you know if anyone else plays near them. Great job recruiting!

This post is dedicated to starving children in Africa
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 17 Jan 2015 18:46

There has got to be a way to transition the general public from using the terms 'Hacky Sack' to 'Footbag'. I think this is the biggest issue for the sport. Also I think from now on I am going to post links to modified and the freestyle facebook group on all my footbag related media to help guide people towards these sites. And call all my stuff Hacky Sack as well as Footbag. Just for those people who don't comment.

I don't know if I am going to creep :) on peeps but I will definitely inquire if they want to meet with other kickers. I will also point them towards the big footbag sites that I know of.