toe spinning/inspinning

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

toe spinning/inspinning

Post by Jeremy » 15 Sep 2005 01:25

Wanted to start a new topic about this to stop clogging up the fanzine. People can copy and paste stuff from there if they like but I can't be bothered. Basically Ken says toe spinning and inspinning are the same difficulty and Mike said they were not. Some other people commented I think but I can't recall what they said.

Personally I just hit toe set spinning clipper and inspinning clipper (spinning in the same direction) for the first time ever and I think they are very similar with almost the same footwork). If anything I found toe set inspinning easier - which is presumably because I hit pixie inspinning and neutron set off that foot occasionally. I certainly wouldn't give toe set inspinning clipper 4 adds in a shred 30.

edit: regarding what mike had to say about dex sets making toe inspinning and spinning very different - I think that's obviously the case. However I'd say that depending on how you hit your fairy sets - atomic inspinning and fairy spinning are very similar - ie the same move but set from the other toe. They are different enough to be uniques I think - just as parkwalk and sidewalk are very similar but still unique. I guess with the same logic pixie spinning and quantum inspinning would be similar but I don't really think that is the case - I haven't ever tried quantum inspinning though and can only hit pixie spinning with a fairly high set.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 15 Sep 2005 07:12

Watch it. Atomic inspinning is NOT the same thing as Atomic Backspinning (aka Atomic spinning). Same for Quantum.

The direction of spin is determined by the most recent element in the trick. The dex. Atomic/Quantum Inspinning would be "spinning the wrong way".
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 15 Sep 2005 07:56

Word Kevin!

I've been bitching lately about Job's notations alot on this forum. Once more: Just like dexes, spins are determined based on the last comopent.

Like Neutron set: Atomic Spinning - NOT Atomic Inspinning.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 15 Sep 2005 17:31

perhaps, although I would say that's more of an opinion than something definite. I was more thinking of which toe the moves were set off in any case as it would be silly to compare toe inspinning and atomic inspinning if the toe sets are the same but the spin directions are not. Anyway I'm sure this topic has been covered before - point taken - and I'll try and do the same.

Does nobody have an opinion on toe inspinning vs toe spinning?

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 15 Sep 2005 20:52

My official opinion can be found here:
http://www.hackrifice.com/shred/temp/05 ... inning.wmv

Toe spinning is definately different than toe inspinning. Toe inspinning requires a greater amount of rotation. I don't think the difference justifies a new add or anything. Also.. imo... diff set + spin = unique for sure. Leaning and Pixie gyro are totally not the same.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 16 Sep 2005 13:47

they're definately VERY different. Possibly as different as clipper spinning and clipper inspinning. I used to toe backspin, and found that I set different on either side (lazy, "the" on my goodside), because of this weird thing I do with my knee on my right leg.
I also found it difficult to gain momentum on my weakside backspin set from toe.

Rory Dawson (the pro) taught me toe inspinning, and as soon as I first tried it found that I was completely bothsided and my knee-issue didn't affect the set whatsoever. I found that spinning the opposite direction helped immensely with momentum, and the direction felt SO much less awkward.

I think there is a big difference between toe inspinning and backspinning.