Sickest trick done BSOS

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 10 Dec 2005 00:33

Jeremy wrote:Whirring swirl bsos is pretty huge. I think Felix may have bsosed that too ---
No.

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 10 Dec 2005 01:40

My best is probably pixie paradon bsos, or ps whirl bsos...I'm working on tougher stuff lately though, so maybe I'll get some cooler bsos stuff...

I can't think of anything cooler bsos, but clown face bsos would be insanely hard and cool!
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

MadMax
Hack Fiend

Post by MadMax » 11 Dec 2005 00:58

Jorden's alpine food bsos is very cool too!

mine is pigbeater. :roll:
<<Maxim_Zakirov>>

FootbagGuru
Fearless

Post by FootbagGuru » 12 Dec 2005 08:42

Jeremy wrote:I've never seen vasek hit a clean nemesis on one side of his body. Always clearly "the" on his flip. - not thin - completely misses last dex.

is anything you see clean? ...sigh

i only bring this up because every post i see of yours is bashing on how something isnt clean enough for your liking...

:-/
Gravity is a suggestion, not a law.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Dec 2005 09:16

Telling somebody a move is clean when it isn't is like complimenting the Emperor's clothes.

Saying that Russia is the biggest country in the world isn't saying that America sucks, or saying that Russia rules. It's stating an objective fact. Pointing out an objective reality.

Saying a move is "the" or "thin" is exactly the same. It's living in reality. There's no positive and negative with "the." It's an objective statement.
Progress can only be made when we are honest and realistic with ourselves. Was the move you just hit really clean? I'd rather be called on "the" so I have a chance to improve and hit it legit, then delude myself into thinking I am better than I am.

The footbag community has a responsibility to each other to be encouraging, and help each other improve. Calling "the" isn't fun, and nobody actively likes doing it. But it's the best thing to do, for everybody's sake. What you want to hear, and what you need to hear are often very different things.

Props to Jeremy for calling it the way he sees it. There's no shame in calling "the." There is in not calling it.

Lauri
Fearless

Post by Lauri » 12 Dec 2005 09:57

hmm.. my sickest bsos could be mobius, PS whirl or Blurriest... i can't decide which one.
Lauri Airinen

Air
Aleksi Airinen

Post by Air » 12 Dec 2005 10:28

Erik Chan wrote:Vasek's done gyro barroque beesauce
I've never seen a clean Gyro Barroque from Vasek. Are you referring to Vasek Raw? Both Gyro Barroques are 'the'. And he drops the other one.

My sickest trick bsos is probably Food Processor or Spinning Blender (both bsos in the same run thought).

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 12 Dec 2005 10:57

Reminder to self: take happy pills.

2 each their own.
Last edited by shreddaily on 12 Dec 2005 12:23, edited 3 times in total.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 12 Dec 2005 11:02

Clean up that post and try again. Your presentation was a little slurred.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 12 Dec 2005 21:52

My biggest bsos'd...hmm. I don't even know, maybe Atomic Flail?

I hit ripwalk bsos once. :P
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 12 Dec 2005 21:54

New best BSOS.......Toe Blur
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 19 Dec 2005 11:07

hmmm...i've hit blurriest and blurrier BSOS...not the same shred though. pdx torque, blurry whirl. whats the coolest BSOS out of those?
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

splatdome
Shredalicious

Post by splatdome » 19 Dec 2005 20:54

hmmm food processor, mobious, or vortex bsos. maybe food processors the best, but i think they're all cool tricks
Justin Johnson
ministry of silly walks

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 Dec 2005 22:29

FootbagGuru wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I've never seen vasek hit a clean nemesis on one side of his body. Always clearly "the" on his flip. - not thin - completely misses last dex.

is anything you see clean? ...sigh

i only bring this up because every post i see of yours is bashing on how something isnt clean enough for your liking...

:-/
I really don't understand the point in saying a trick has been hit when you can see that it's "the". If it's thin then that's one thing but the nemesis I see of Vasek on his flip are with the footbag well below his dexing foot. A dex is when you bring your foot around the footbag - clearly this is not what is happening so I don't think you could possibly count it using the only defintion of a "dex" that occurs. If you're hitting something "the" - then you aren't hitting the trick you're trying to hit - it's different to hitting something badly - you actually aren't doing what the trick requires you to do. Nemesis is a move that involves your foot going around the bag four times while it's in the air. If you're actually going around it less than four times then clearly you aren't hitting nemesis. I believe footbag is a sport. As a sport the official rules on what a dex is are pretty clear and using the official rules for the game as a sport a dex does not count if it is "the". I can't see that anything can possibly be gained by giving credit for something that has not actually occured. I call things as "the" when I see them because a. it gives the player a chance to solve the problem so that they are actually hitting the trick they claim to be hitting and b. so that other people will see that what they're seeing is not the way the move should be done. I originally learnt how to hit stepping sets from watching a video of a slurry set and for a long time I tried to hit the set slurry because I thought that that was how it should be done. If somebody had have publically called that move "the" it would have been of enourmas help to my game.

I also know that this is a topic I brought up a while ago when a few people got annoyed at having their tricks called "the" and as I recall the vast majority of people on the forum believe that you should call "the" tricks when you see them - depending on the circumstances of course. If you - Pat - do not want me to call your tricks "the" if I see them on video then feel free to say so and I won't - but you won't learn anything and if you ever compete in a serious competition with competent judges you will definitely get called on them. Some people don't want to know about their "thes" and that's fine by me - I respect that opinion but most people would like to know how they can improve their game and you can also learn from seeing what other people are doing wrong.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 19 Dec 2005 22:34

Add me to the list of "don't wanna know"
thanks.. nice ken burn in there too :wink:

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 Dec 2005 22:38

If you're talking about the slurry stepping - I was actually referring to the video of Eric Wulff hitting ripwalk at footbag.org - I think most of the stuff on Overground was pretty good.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 19 Dec 2005 23:04

ohhhh.. me too.
Both of your games rule, I just disagree on your positions of the necessity to highlight thes. But Lots of people agree so...

(hides under the table.. alone)

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 19 Dec 2005 23:53

I just tried to write a big long post about my position on this topic, like ken and jermey seem to be able to do, but sadly cannot.... I guess I have no idea why I feel the way I do. Maybe I actualy don't truely feel the way I do, but rather my fealings are simply a way of coping with the years of neglect I suffered from my fathers drinking.
So in conclusion don't call thes or your kids will resent you and undoubtledly become a fox news anchors or something horrible like that.

Do it for the kids :!:

Krim
Hack Fiend

Post by Krim » 21 Dec 2005 02:37

mmmm best bsosed trick? mine is probably montage or blurrywhirlingswirl
or maybe alpine blurrywhirl or alpine blurry drifter... something like that 8)
Karim Daouk
Les Pieds-à-Gilles
Lausanne Switzerland

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Dec 2011 15:26

Reviving this thread 6 years later, since I'm curious to see how things have changed in that time.

For those who are too lazy to read the old posts, it sounds like the consensus answer was that the hardest trick hit bsos by Dec. 2005 was nemesis bsos by Vasek, though it may not have been clean.

6 years later, what do people think is the hardest bsosed trick? Posting video would be great too.

In the old thread, Jon S. asked if flurricane had been bsosed. One of the xmas calendar vids had Aleksi doing it, and I've also seen Anz do it in person. Somebody else asked about alpine food, which has been done by a few people, notably Honza in the bsos sick 3 contest.

For people who posted the first time around, has your best bsos trick improved since then?