Symposium Whirr

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 06 Jun 2006 06:46

disgusting..
I recall seeing Vasek trying symp whirr a year ago in Paris, he was trying it the same way he is now hitting it.. but it even seems easy.. disgusting!
Mathieu Gauthier

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 06 Jun 2006 07:52

so whats the deal, just because its a really hard move there suddenly shouldnt be any standards? the dexes were almost completely vertical (not helped by the camera angle, i noticed the second time through), and the second dex was somewhat thin. it bothers me that it doesnt look at all like a symp whirl done twice, or a whirl at all. when i first started playing freestyle i didnt understand the difference between a ss butterfly and a reverse whirl. someone said to me that if they felt like the same move to me, i had to be doing one of them significantly wrong. i wonder how different a near symp barrage feels to that (or whatever it would be)

now dont get me wrong. firstly its still a very impressive move. and secondly i dont have any dislike whatsoever for anyone who has responded to the video yet, so i dont want to seem like a dick when i mostly just pictured it differently in my head...
so feel free to debate, but i dont want to cause unnecessary problems, believe it or not.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 06 Jun 2006 08:28

well the difference between this move and symp. barrage is the same difference between a symp. whirl and a pogo. Or roughly anyway.

I saw the symp. whirr and you are right: it's not always clean (he hit it many times), but it looks NOTHING like a symp. barrage bail to clip.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 06 Jun 2006 12:21

yeah i'm gonna have to say it's a nice looking symp whirr and i don't think it looks like a symp barrage bail to clip at all. firstly he's got his knee flexed his hip is slightly flexed, abducted and his leg is inverted. for a symp barrage, his knee would be flexed less and his hip would be flexed slightly extended, it would be more adducted and enverted . also look at the bag in relation to his body, it's lateral and posterior to him, for a symp barrage it would be underneath him more (think symp furious). i think it's pretty easy to tell them appart. also, maybe talking about standards isn't the best thing to do when a trick has just been invented. ofcourse it's going to be sloppy, and you're probably going to drop it more often then naught. maybe when there's 100 people hitting it, or even 10, then we can really start talking about standards. i'm not saying you have to like the trick either, there's hundreds of tricks out there that some people think are the bomb and i think are hideous, but i think props when props are due (and yes, they are due here!) is a good way to think about this trick at this particular moment in time.
A.G.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 06 Jun 2006 16:05

That was intense. Beautiful.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 Jun 2006 21:21

Jeremy wrote: think a genuine symp whirr is impossible (both dexes done outside the knee and without planting.
Guess I was wrong.

Man that looks soooooooooo good. I am going to learn that move. Definitely a legitimate symp whirr in my opinion. The last dex was really toey but still there. - ie. it's clean but only just. Still for such a hard move I think you'd have to do the dexes low down like that.

Awesome - highlight of the day.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 07 Jun 2006 00:56

Ben, all I can say is you must have quite an imagination.

That was everything I had imagined but never thought it could be done. O M G. Vasek, I salute you.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 07 Jun 2006 01:54

I guess the gravity in Czech (or in Lausanne) isn't that bad... :|

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 07 Jun 2006 01:56

Anz wrote:I guess the gravity in Czech (or in Lausanne) isn't that bad... :|
lausanne is realy high up on the mountains, so i guess its less gravity there... maybe...
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 07 Jun 2006 02:08

Yeah, that must be it.

I hope you don't mind, Marco, but I just had to slow-mo this:
:arrow: http://www.footbag.org/media/881/sympwhiRR.wmv

The Rhino
Fearless

Post by The Rhino » 07 Jun 2006 04:51

...Dude

I slow mo'd the slow mo.

...dude

that smp whirr was bad to the bone, gnarly, radical, and swell.

yeah.

blitz
Shredaholic

Post by blitz » 07 Jun 2006 13:04

8O wow. perfect. (it is 100% clean)

I re-encoded it (much like the slow-mo version, but with better quality) and uploaded it to the Massive Tricks section at Flipsider. http://www.flipsider.com/tricks/massive/

Let that be a reminder to anyone reading this. Please contribute your clips of this year's biggest moves to Flipsider. That doesn't mean you can't use them in your own videos; just take an extra few minutes to encode the best individual moves for the Massive gallery. :) email me with any questions/comments.

Thanks! Have fun in Europe!
- Eliot Piltz, Flipsider.com

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 07 Jun 2006 13:13

the dexes were almost completely vertical (not helped by the camera angle, i noticed the second time through), and the second dex was somewhat thin
I agree. It's SICK but the dexes being vertical makes it not completely clean I think. I was debating this for 10 minutes last night with jeremy haha.
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

sergio
Multidex Master

Post by sergio » 08 Jun 2006 03:43

How can it not be clean?
If you pause the video during the middle/end of the second dex, you'll see that his thighs make a 90 degrees angle and that the lower part of his leg is almost parallel to the ground.
Serge Kaldany
75 Adds - Paris

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 08 Jun 2006 07:00

FunkLovesFootbag wrote:
the dexes were almost completely vertical (not helped by the camera angle, i noticed the second time through), and the second dex was somewhat thin
I agree. It's SICK but the dexes being vertical makes it not completely clean I think. I was debating this for 10 minutes last night with jeremy haha.
I will end your debate for you, you are wrong, he is right.

Fucking SICK trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it and it is 100000000 times harder than he made it look.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Jun 2006 07:13

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

oh MANNNNN! damn, vasek. that is SO nasty...

how long until some 14 year old pole has hit it? ;)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 08 Jun 2006 09:07

it was so weird standing next to him, thinking about tricks for my next run -
then he hits fucking symp whirr :lol: without any typa warning .
everybody went crazy with laughter and excitement, even the net players,
while i still wasnt sure of what just happened .
EASYKINKI

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 08 Jun 2006 09:20

Matt Cross wrote:how long until some 14 year old pole has hit it? ;)
Hey, I'm 19!
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 08 Jun 2006 13:56

the realy crazy thing about vaska is the pure fact that you stand there and film him, but dont realy understand what he does, i had too realy watch all what i filmed in slo mo too understand what i saw there, he´s too fast for my eyes. uploading a vaska special right now, may take a month or so....
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 09 Jun 2006 00:15

Dude if the video you're uploading is the raw vasek footage vid I saw than props. - That was some crazy crazy footage. I could barely believe some of the stuff - even though I'd read about them prior to the video. Incredible. Vasek is good at footbag :P