All time top competition shred 30 scores

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 21 Jun 2006 01:26

Thanks for your help on this everyone (props to Ken esp.)

Personnaly I still feel like there should not be just a top 20 / 30 but that the list be capped by shred 30 score. I'm saying this to avoid that someone be bumped out of the list and "forgotten" over time.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

riku
Fearless

Post by riku » 21 Jun 2006 03:40

How about putting only one score from every player?
The highest, of course.
That way there wouldn't be 8 Vasek Kloudas in the Top10...
Riku Ahola

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 21 Jun 2006 06:54

Or both lists perhaps?
Lauri Jaakkola

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jun 2006 08:13

OK, I've started adding video links to the scores. Can anybody save me some work and post the link to Vasek's footjam 05 Shred30? If anybody has video links for any of the other Shred30s, please post them. I have Penske's Shred30 from Montana, but it's included in a much longer video (Penske Special). Can somebody edit this so it's just Penske's Shred30?

I think the SCI Shred30s will be posted within the week, so I will link to them if they are individually captured. If not, somebody may need to cut them up so I can link them individually.

Speaking of video...
Uranos wrote:Nah i heard it was actually less than 200. about 190...i dont know how they could get such a different score :?
The scores I remember seeing/found by looking, were either 214 or 228. Either of those are good enough for the list, but I'm not going to post anything until either somebody posts a video (I can score it), or the organizers can give me a definitive score with some degree of confidence.

Oh yeah, didn't Jorden get a great Shred30 score in Copenhagen when he went over there? EDIT: found it.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jun 2006 08:45

OK, I'm going to ask everybody to PLEASE double check scores before submitting them. I looked up Jorden's Shred30 from Danish Footbag Champs 2005, and it was listed as 232.5. I watched the video, re-counted everything, and came up with this:

32 contacts
15 4s (13 unique)
12 3s (10 unique)
5 5s. (5 unique)

121 adds

The video is here, http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/dfc05 Jorden's shred is at the end. I would appreciate it if somebody double checks my math, but I think I scored this right.

Having a list of top Shred30 scores is pointless if they aren't calculated properly. In this case (DFC05), there was no xdex issues, and no "downtime uniques" issues, so it appears it was just scored incorrectly. Based on this experience, I'm leaning towards not posting scores on the first page until I get a video so I can verify scores.

If a few people could go through the video links currently on the first page, and recount them (if possible, providing scores for both xdex/no xdex, and barflies/dod/paradon as same/unique) that would be appreciated.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jun 2006 10:41

In the same vein as my last post, the SCI vids have come out, and I've been getting different results than the official ones where I've done recounts. Look at this thread to check my math/watch the vids: http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=13695

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Jun 2006 17:33

C-Fan wrote:
Uranos wrote:Nah i heard it was actually less than 200. about 190...i dont know how they could get such a different score :?
The scores I remember seeing/found by looking, were either 214 or 228. Either of those are good enough for the list, but I'm not going to post anything until either somebody posts a video (I can score it), or the organizers can give me a definitive score with some degree of confidence.
No no, i meant that the judges got the scores wrong (one of the judges told me this btw), and the score was actually somewhere around 190 instead of 223. I should prolly watch the video and calculate the score to see if this is right. But all i could remember was after the score being announced, me and a couple others thinking was that really 223? :?
Alex Urano

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Jun 2006 18:00

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/6998

the last dylan fry shred 30 apparently makes the top 20 EVER
Alex Urano

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jun 2006 19:00

blur-parkwalk-crisp dlo-parkwalk-blur-dimwalk-ripwalk-sidewalk -ripwalk-sidewalk- infinity-pdx whirl-whirl -pdx whirl-whirl-infinity-spin clipper- spinning ducking clipper- spin osis-ducking clipper- spinning ducking osis-osis-infinity*-spinning clipper- DROP- clipper-spinning whirl

27 contacts
1 two add (not unique)
13 four adds (13 uniques)
2 five adds (2 uniques)
10 three adds (9 uniques)

94 adds

Score: 177.56

Could somebody check my math? I think I got it. I really don't understand why the tourney organizers said it was in the 220s... being 40 points off is a lot. :?

EDIT: thanks Dyalan. Yeah, I forgot to count the drop. I think my count is correct now. Still over a 40 point difference though.
Last edited by C-Fan on 21 Jun 2006 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 21 Jun 2006 19:06

And on comp day they announced his score to be 223. I think its a disgrace they got it so wrong. and it didnt matter apparently because the others did so bad. Still its pretty unproffessional :?

Well at least we now know the real scores :D

EDIT: Ken

26 contacts
23 uniques
Average add ratio = 91/26 = 3.5

the equation is Adds + (uniques times add ratio)
91 + 23 times 3.5

91+80.5

Last edited by Uranos on 21 Jun 2006 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Urano

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jun 2006 19:08

# of Shred30s I recounted today: 5
# of Shred30s which had been correctly scored? 0 :?

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 21 Jun 2006 20:13

For Dylan's Aussie shred 30 I get:
I get 27 contacts (the drop counts as a 0 add contact doesn't it?)
total adds is 94 according to my count (2x5adds, 13x4s, 10x3s, 1x2s)
which makes the add ratio 3.48
uniques is 24
Drops is 1
total score 177.52
Have I done something wrong, the only non unique moves are one of the 3 butterflies, the drop, and the clipper.
# of Shred30s I recounted today: 5
# of Shred30s which had been correctly scored? 0
Clearly its something organisers need to improve on. Basically, Jeremy scored the shred after I read it to him from the vid. I think the wrong score would have been a combination of my misreading and his misscoring for it to be that far off. But in the end we didn't score it as closely as the others at the time simply because it was the clear winner - obviously this is not a valid excuse but just the reason.

The method I currently use and recomend to tournament ppl is to set up a sheet with seperate columns for left and right side moves, list all the moves into the columns and then its easy to calculate uniques quickly and accurately.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 22 Jun 2006 00:26

I watched the jorden shred too, I get pretty much the same number as you 226.84 (i just rounded off earlier so your score is more accurate).
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 22 Jun 2006 02:26

That's a good idea Dyalan!

It's a little worrying that so many shred30's are incorrectly scored... sounds like a better system is definately needed!

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 22 Jun 2006 05:13

Thanks Ken for doing all that, it's great to see that you guys here are taking the inititive to check the scores. Kinda makes me want to look at my shred 30 again...
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 22 Jun 2006 06:51

A year and a half ago at the last Chilly Philly Felix scored about 231. I'm fairly sure of the score, I helped to count it (thought I don't feel that similar moves like all four double-downs are unique, nor is dimwalk unique from ripwalk, or other similar pairs like Parkwalk and Sidewalk, but I just didn't feel like protesting this at that time, or right now), but I really don't know where to find the video of the event. Who was there and taping? I don't remember. All I know is that Felix scored better there than his current highest listed score in this thread, and deservedly so, as it was a monsterous shred. Also, he told me that he had had the first six moves planned but after that he was just winging it. Not that I have anything at all against a pre-planned shred. I was just a little surprised that he could score so well without having had it planned.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 22 Jun 2006 12:58

All of these scoring errors . . . such a shame that people don't leverage existing technologies to assist in the scoring of events.

100% of the scores checked by C-Fan were wrong. 100%, think about that. 100% wrong, as in Zero percent of the scores were correct. What percentage of C-Fans scores are correct ?

It is possible to get 100% accurate results, but not with people counting in their heads.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 22 Jun 2006 13:24

chilli philly 2004-2005 Felix shred can be found in this small video I made back then:
http://v.footbag.org/media/513/chillyphilly2005.wmv
Mathieu Gauthier

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Jun 2006 14:16

Tsiangkun wrote: What percentage of C-Fans scores are correct ?
Good question. I was wondering the same myself, which is why I ask and encourage people to double check my scores.

Mathieu: thanks for the video.

OK, here's my first draft score of Felix's shred:

legbeater-crispy dlo- paradon-blur -parkwalk- blizzard- dimwalk- blur-toe ripwalk- pdx whirl- spinning whirl-spin butterfly-drifter-drifter- sidewalk- ripwalk-sidewalk-ripwalk -blurry whirl-ps whirl- spinning pdx whirl*- spinning blender- infinity-infinity-osis- osis-barfly (worlds score, this is a repeat)-spinning blender*-butterfly*-step clipper-step whirl- osis*- infinity*- double spinning osis

The question is: is double spinning osis a 6 or a 5?

Contacts: 34!
Six adds: 3 (2 unique)
Five adds: 4 (3 unique)
Four adds: 16 (15 unique, since barfly and paradon are same leg)
Three adds: 11 (8 unique)

Adds: 135!
Uniques: 28

Score: 246.18! 8O
EDIT: I didn't time this with a stopwatch, so there is a chance that this wasn't 30 seconds, which would change the score. Can somebody count from the first contact and see if he got all 34 tricks in in 30 seconds?

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 22 Jun 2006 14:37

Thanks for posting this, Mathieu.

Its funny how hazy my memory of that event is. On video it just doesn't look all that familiar to me anymore.

Whatever.

129 raw ADDs in 33 contacts gives a difficulty ratio of 3.909 (thats rounded down ever so slightly). Ratio times 27 uniques gives a uniques bonus of 105.543, added to the raw adds and you have the 234.543.

I don't think that there were any X-Dex moves at all, so thankfully that can of worms need not be opened here.

Even if you take away a few uniques (one for Barfly and Paradon being the same, and another for Parkwalk and Sidewalk being the same, and a third for Dimwalk and Ripwalk being the same), he still scored 222.816

If you want to split the difference and say that Paradon and Barfly are not unique from one-another but Parkwalk and Sidewalk are and Dimwalk and Ripwalk also are (which I guess is now the official position, though I still don't see why those three examples should be any different from one-another) then he had 26 uniques and a total score of 230.634, pretty good for the kid from Finland.

Thats pretty close to the 231 that I had pulled from memory, the 231 that I had helped to come up with originally, in case anyone was starting to think that no one scores shred correctly at tournaments. Me and Josh Benham do. Someone else helped us score it too, but I'm no longer sure who. Nick Laroche, perhaps? Or was that you, Mathieu?

Anyway, the shred, move-by-move:

Legbeater > Double Leg-Over > Paradon > Blur > Parkwalk > Blizzard > Dimwalk > Blur > Legbeater > Paradox Whirl > Spinning Paradox Whirl > Spinning Butterfly > Drifter > Drifter > Sidewalk > Ripwalk > Sidewalk > Ripwalk > Blurrywhirl > Paradox Symposium Whirl > Spinning Paradox Whirl > Spinning Paradox Blender > Butterfly > Butterfly > osis > osis > Barfly > Spinning Paradox Blender > Butterfly > Stepping Clipper > Stepping Whirl > Osis > Butterfly > TIME UP > Double Spin (double spin wasn't counted, it was begun after the time call.)
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP