FS / BS or Greek alphabet for 2 dex moves

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.

frontside / backside or greek alphabet for terminology regarding 2 dex moves where dex(s) are symposium.

fs/bs
33%
greek alphabet
33%
greek alphabet
33%

Total votes: 51

mc
Modifiend

FS / BS or Greek alphabet for 2 dex moves

Post by mc » 20 Jul 2003 06:10

Hey all,

personally, although i like the sound of the terms frontside and backside, I think for simplicity's sake, and reduction of terminology in a sport that's getting too much already, we should just use the Greek alphabet system when regarding symposium in any multi-dex move. Also, although this isn't really applicable to my argument, isn't symposium a greek word? I realize that frontside and backside have established usage, etc, but the Greek alphabet system is easy to understand and implement, and I've never considered, "because that's the way we've been doing it" to be a sufficient answer to any question. Oh, also... doesn't the term frontside sometimes get used to describe technical toe moves done all in front of the body, like predator and toe blur? ex: Yacine Merzouk has a SICK frontside. I've definitely heard / used that definition of the word...

what do y'all think?

m@
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 21 Jul 2003 19:25

I love how were outnumbered and no one on the other side has even bothered to post.

Always plan ahead, 2 dexes are not the future.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

MJK
BSOS Beast

Post by MJK » 21 Jul 2003 19:28

What I like about FS and BS is that the name is based on the element, rather than the dex, so it clicks in my mind faster. The problem though....what about say a wonton BS blur? (wow, cool move) The second element is sym,posium, but you couldn't call this move BS because it's not the first dex of the second element. This is why I think that it's probably better in the long-term iof we use the letters, then thgis is an Alpha/Gamm symposium whatthefuckeverthey'regoingtocallablurryblur.

terabyte
Hack Fiend

Post by terabyte » 11 Aug 2003 10:33

i think the greek system makes it very specific as to what dexes are done smp... and we wouldn't have to say the word symposium in the name either, like witchdocter, beta atomsmasher, instead of backside symposium atomsmasher.
alpha beta gamma.....? i should know this but i forgot the next ones

we should only need 4 for a while though.. until sunil bust's barraging smp trifly heh
-Paul Wackerow
Rochester Footbag Association
(I dont live in rochester)

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 11 Aug 2003 11:07

Ok, I was just wondering this... Would a Superfly be an Alpha Barfly or a Beta Barfly?

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 11 Aug 2003 11:47

Well, I belive that it would be an Alpha Beta Barfly, but it already has a name, so we don't need to deal with that. But I think there should be a simple way to describe symp DDs and barrages.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 11 Aug 2003 20:52

Symposium Double Down and Symposium Barrage? I think that describes them both entirely.
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.