What are your 5 best tricks ever?

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 08 Mar 2011 21:16

I love this thread. Wish I had higher achievements but...

• Ducking Butterfly Swirl
• Diving Twirl
• Ducking far wauxspin
• Wonton Eclipse
• Same side toe-set ripstein

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 09 Mar 2011 01:00

pretty embarrassing to even post mine after i read everyone's. really liking this thread tho. ill list my top favorite hardest tricks in hope that in a few months time i can look back an up date.

1) Royal Assassin
2)ripped warrior
3)pogo symp mirage
4)stepping diving osis
5)spinning ducking whirl

:oops:

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 09 Mar 2011 09:14

Well, mine will suck compared to these, but why not post? :P

Blurriest Swirl

Sailing Drifter

Furious Catwalk

Alpine Witchdoctor

Spinning Swirl (not that hard compared to the others, but felt so good. :D )
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 09 Mar 2011 09:22

Insane stuff in here. Nuke big apple wins all of footbag.

For my list, I left off lots of sixes because I feel like barroque is harder to clean then like food.

- fury. hit once. pretty new.
-barroque. lots of times bs
-gauntlet. hit twice
-furious rev whirl. 3 or 4 times in the fall when i had a short comeback
-alpine whirygig. late spring of 2010. kevin saw it and i only told 2 other people and was gonna keep it a secret but given i dont play footbag anymore really, its whatever.

good thread. I wanna see Ken's list too.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 Mar 2011 12:36

-double fairy opp legover
-void rake
-toe in-scorpions tail
-fairy gyro ripwalk (I'll probably never be able to hit this again)
-gyro atomic opp butter
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 09 Mar 2011 12:51

What do you mean by gyro atomic? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Like clip>back spin>same out... weird. I can only picture it like a gyro reverse whirling.

I've hit spinning legbeater, and seen Felix hit it too. But that's spinning to far out set. Is that what you mean?
chris dean

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Mar 2011 12:57

When I saw Chris had posted here, I got excited because I thought he'd have his top 5 list.

I'm not sure what Kevin meant by gyro atomic, but I interpreted it as like a gyro bubba set, where the set leg also does the first dex. Maybe I'm wrong though.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 09 Mar 2011 13:28

pretty subpar compared to many others on the list, but anyway

1. dimwalk rev swirl
2. alpine blurry whirl
3. mobius/tobius
4. enterrage
5. spinning ducking whirl

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 09 Mar 2011 13:59

Best tricks is hard to describe because I couldnt decide whether Best should mean the SICKEST I have hit or the tricks that feel the best during the trick or the ones that I feel most accomplished after I hit .....oh well

Sickest list
1. Gyro Blazing ducking P whirl ---worked toward this with swirling spinning for years---not consistent yet...
2. Swirling Mobius--milestone trick ...can hit within a few tries once I am warm---i love mobius too
3. swirling spinning ducking butterfly ("spiral butterfly") the first of my tricks hit after swirling spinning ducking
4. swirling marius--- felt so good....was close to being gyro blazing p torque though......whatever....some days are better than others
5. ducking marius

Big Tricks that feel the best and I use more than the above list
1. ripped warrior ----still excited that I can bsos this trick in and out of 4s
2. ducking scorpions tail---cool trick and not very hard
3. ripstein--fun and I feel like Vasek appears every time this is hit
4. swirling spinning butterfly-- unique 5 add that I am fairly consistent with
5. Montage- ever since I saw footage of Vasek hitting this I wanted to get it and now every time I hit it I feel like a balla

6th place would go to FOOD PROCESSOR ,,,its new to me and it feel oh so good.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 09 Mar 2011 15:41

Damn you, Ken, and your interesting questions!

With all the criteria that one can use to make this call, its tough to narrow it down to 5. And, so many of my "best" moves are best not just because of the move itself but because of how they fit into my favorite combos.

So, what's next? What are your best combos?

Damn you, Ken, where will this madness end ?!!?

Anyway,

1. Snapdragon (dragon reverse swirling dragon) -- you might say that it has limited use, but it feels cool, looks cool (especially when you do 3 or 4 in a row), and it was really an important trick in my freestyle development -- it was the best trick I learned from my mentor, Daryl Genz, and it really whetted my appetite for unorthodox freestyle. Plus, I always get good reactions from this move from spectators (freestylers and non-freestylers alike).

2. Dustpan -- also of limited use, but it feels cool, looks cool (esp. 3 in a row), and makes a good set to Flying Butterfly or Flying Clipper and some other things too. Plus, I always get good reactions from this move from spectators (freestylers and non-freestylers alike).

3. Tootsie Roll -- My proudest creation -- I've "invented" many tricks, but this one was pretty much the only one who's creation felt really original, like I'd pulled the idea wholey out of my imagination rather than just combining pre-existing move elements that were already well-known (obviously, the idea of rolling the bag down your leg wasn't really new, but no serious freestylers where doing anything like that then, and I tend to doubt anybody had thought of a good guiltless roll that can be used mid-sting -- in other words, nobody had ever blended the rolling concept into "advanced technical freestyle", a opposed to "hacky-sack tricks"). It was a real "Eureka :idea: " moment that had my thoughts spinning for days and quickly led me on to other related tricks that I'm still especially partial to.

4. Holy Roller -- Basically, I love it mostly because its just a good "Proof Of Concept" of the above-mentioned move. Also, its way above average ADD value for me and covers the entire spectrum of ADD categories.

5. Ripstein -- Ripstein... yeah, Ripstein... Twelve years ago its was a very rare move, and regarded as pretty damn hard too. Mastering ripstein made me feel really cool 8) , and back then it gave my shred a big shot of credibility that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to obtain (at least not until I really got to work on Whirling Swirl, but we're only suppoe to list 5 moves here...) -- (I realize that this video isn't Ripstein, its Dragonstein, but I just don't have a convenient video of me doing ripstein, and I thought this made a good substitue -- I'm really pleased with how "tight around the bag" the dexes where here -- I also think its funny how my right hand unconciously moves with my right foot, simulating the dexes :lol: )

Thanks Ken and Ianek for posting videos of me, 'cause I can't be bothered to do it myself.
Last edited by Outsider on 09 Mar 2011 16:17, edited 3 times in total.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 09 Mar 2011 16:05

C-Fan wrote:When I saw Chris had posted here, I got excited because I thought he'd have his top 5 list.
haha, nope. I'm just having fun reading everyone elses.

I have 5 good ones in mind. I think I can get them all on tape.

edit: Oops, posted again without listing any tricks. Sorry if you got excited again :oops:
chris dean

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 09 Mar 2011 21:24

cd wrote:
C-Fan wrote:When I saw Chris had posted here, I got excited because I thought he'd have his top 5 list.
haha, nope. I'm just having fun reading everyone elses.

I have 5 good ones in mind. I think I can get them all on tape.

edit: Oops, posted again without listing any tricks. Sorry if you got excited again :oops:

you got me :evil:

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 09 Mar 2011 22:13

cd wrote:What do you mean by gyro atomic? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Like clip>back spin>same out... weird.
Like a gyro legover set... but atomic instead of legover. clip>back spin>same out-in, or gyro legbeater
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 09 Mar 2011 22:57

Sporatical_Distractions wrote:
cd wrote:What do you mean by gyro atomic? I'm having a hard time picturing it. Like clip>back spin>same out... weird.
Like a gyro legover set... but atomic instead of legover. clip>back spin>same out-in, or gyro legbeater

:? i still dont get it, i cant picture it in my head with out seeing a nuke set... maybe im really awful an visualizing, any chance of getting it on film, or even a attempt?

EDIT: back spin = op of in spin?

Jokse
Multidex Master

Post by Jokse » 10 Mar 2011 00:06

zachatree wrote:
Sporatical_Distractions wrote:

:? i still dont get it, i cant picture it in my head with out seeing a nuke set... maybe im really awful an visualizing, any chance of getting it on film, or even a attempt?

EDIT: back spin = op of in spin?
It's like Gyro Stepping/Surging set but the dex is reversed.. I think :P
Joonas Korhonen

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 10 Mar 2011 11:06

Zach, the set is like gyro legover but with the dex done uptime, like Kevin said. Feels impossible when I try it; props for hitting it!

I liked Jon's list. Tootsie roll is a great contribution to footbag. I accidentally hit 69 roll at the end of this video.
chris dean

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Mar 2011 11:15

Stop posting here without your list, ya jerk! :x

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 10 Mar 2011 12:26

you're one to talk
chris dean

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 10 Mar 2011 12:32

By the way, I was only going to post my tricks if I can currently hit them. Haven't tried yet. And I wanted to post a video instead of just a list.

But since you twisted my arm, I think these are the best tricks I ever hit:

Gyro Jughandle (Jughandle is drifter gyro toe. Kind of hard to explain, but you can see regular jughandle here at 1:51

Symp Atomic Torque (aka Frontside Silo)

Blurry Whirling Swirl

Alpine 69 (hit it a few years ago, got lucky. I don't think I can do it now unless I drilled nukes for a couple days.)

Alpine Mobius

Great thread idea. I'll get my best current tricks on tape if I can do it soon.
chris dean

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 10 Mar 2011 13:05

:o i cant wait to see some of thos on tape!! DO IT! 8O