superdeedooperfly

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Ohios1
Multidex Master

superdeedooperfly

Post by Ohios1 » 21 Aug 2011 16:35

ok, lets talk some big moves. who out there has hit this?
Last edited by Ohios1 on 28 Aug 2011 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
angeski

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 21 Aug 2011 20:25

seriously, why do we need these threads? WTF is the point of like the new moves section if everyone and there dog creates a "who has hit this" thread, Im half tempted to troll all of you and make like 20 of these topics because they are stupid

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 21 Aug 2011 20:49

And what is worse is that I don't even know what move you're talking about. Ducking spinning superfly or superdeeduperfly? Probably superdeeduperfly but the first move would be cool.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 22 Aug 2011 01:47

the move is spinning ducking symp barfly....just a headcount.i seen all the other moves that are not that hard and i thought lets make a topic worth it. theres not alot of people that can hit this.
dont be trolling zeb, this is just a headcount and im curious on who all can hit this. its one of my dream moves. k

peace, love, biscuits
angeski

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 22 Aug 2011 19:03

I think Zeb is right, although he put it a little harshly. This move really isn't that hard, although probably moreso than revstein and mobius>mobius, but just because everyone is making headcount threads doesn't mean it is a good idea for you to. I understand you're new and forum etiquette doesn't come as naturally to everyone (I was quite the rabid noob at first), I think it'd be a good idea to think more before you post. That's not to say I don't appreciate enthusiasm, just that it could be directed in more interesting and useful ways for you.

If you're interested in finding out who has hit the trick, I would suggest using the search feature instead of making a new thread.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Aug 2011 19:32

Fuck it, at least Mike is trying to keep Modified alive, unlike a lot of people. I appreciate Mike's enthusiasm. That's how our sport should be. I guess the trick being talked about could be a little more clear, and written correctly, but at least Mike was trying to give us something footbag-related to talk about.

Zeb: I do agree with you, though, I don't think you had to be that harsh about it. Snappy replies like that can really discourage a player... It discouraged me back when I was new.

Zac: Yeaaahhhh... Revstein headcount... What n00b created that one? :P Sorry for that :P... Again, trying to show my enthusiasm for the sport.

I don't know why people are so against headcounts for hard combos/hard tricks... The only reason I even tried Mobius> Mobius is because I saw the headcount thread that Ken made and I was inspired... After I hit the combo, it was probably the best feeling I've ever felt, because I knew I had just completed one of the biggest footbag goals in my life (as maybe you can tell from the footage if you've seen it or even just my avatar lol). And it looks to me as if Mike here wants to hit this trick eventually, because it inspired him and he would simply like to know what players have hit it already, so he can look up to them and maybe be like them and hit it himself one day...

So, ban me if inspiring a new player is a crime.

Mike: I think you should edit this title to say "Superdeeduperfly Headcount" (I think that's what you were referencing last time we talked) and continue this thread.

GET INSPIRED MAN :) HAVE A DREAM TURN INTO REALITY
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 22 Aug 2011 20:20

let me rephrase what i said in a nicer way...

I dont think flooding the forums with "who has hit x trick" threads is the right way to go. I think that if people want to pursue making those topics there should be a new section added to the topic list that says "headcounts" or something. I may have seemed harsh, but if you knew me in real life its pretty much how I would have described it.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 23 Aug 2011 07:13

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: Zac: Yeaaahhhh... Revstein headcount... What n00b created that one? :P
I hope you know that I'm not trying to attack anyone. Ken made the mob>mob headcount and I have a great deal of respect for him. I just think it's a little ridiculous to have a headcount thread for footbag milestones just because it's your own personal dream trick. By all means, talk about the trick, but very few really deserve their own thread.

There have got to be better ways for people to express their enthusiasm, which I think you generally do very well, Nick.

And Zeb - I think another topic to house all the headcounts is probably equally ridiculous.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Aug 2011 12:15

Pretty much agree with everything Zeb and Zac said. I was a bit embarassed to post here though, since I feel my flurricane headcount thread was indirectly responsible for the creation of this thread and the revstein one. :oops:
Zac Miley wrote:I just think it's a little ridiculous to have a headcount thread for footbag milestones just because it's your own personal dream trick. By all means, talk about the trick, but very few really deserve their own thread.
Agree. I made the flurricane one since I was curious to see who's hit it, but that probably wasn't the best way to go about doing it. I also didn't realize how many people had hit it. But yeah, I think the headcounts should be reserved for traditional milestones like 10 fearless, nemesis, beasts (strangely this doesn't exist), etc. Having a thread for every obscure trick is a bit pointless.

On topic: I don't think superdeeduperfly is all that hard, and I would guess many people have hit it. It's essentially a glorified montage.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Aug 2011 18:01

I guess the beauty of php forums is that if people create topics nobody is interested in, they just drop away, so creating boring topic isn't a big deal, we can just not click on them.

It's funny people's definition of "hard." I think this move is really hard. Of course there are harder tricks out there, but it's probably only a small minority.

I'd think about it like this. Imagine you created an accurate list of every footbag trick ever hit in order of difficulty (I know not practically possible, but this is our imagination remember). You find this trick on your list, and then you count the number of tricks that are easier, and the number of tricks that are harder, and give this a percentage difficulty with 100% being the most difficult and 0% (we're rounding) is the easiest. I'm sure with this kind of scale, this trick would easily be in the top 90%, and I'm happy to call that hard.

Clean ducking symp double downs are hugely harder than clean ducking symp whirls, and I'm sure that's why it's so uncommon to see them (uncommon doesn't mean never, so please don't bother posting examples in response, as if that has some kind of point). That would be another interesting data piece - analyse the first 100 or so videos in the video topic and calculate the ratio of moves with a ducking symp whirl component to a ducking symp double down component. I think we'd see a very strong ratio towards ducking symp whirls. I know anecdotally that I hit mullet years before I hit any kind of ducking double down.

edit;

So yeah, I think this is a hard trick. I bet less than 1% of active footbaggers have hit it. I don't think I have, although I guess I've hit some similar hard versions (like alpine your mom, whatever that's called).

The only person I remember hitting it is Vasek, although off the top of my head I can think of about 10 people who I reckon also have.
Last edited by Jeremy on 23 Aug 2011 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Aug 2011 18:06

Zac Miley wrote: There have got to be better ways for people to express their enthusiasm, which I think you generally do very well, Nick.
Thanks for understanding my enthusiasm, Zac.

This makes me want to edit and delete the Revstein Headcount thread since it seems like no one likes it and thinks it was a bad idea in the first place. Shit, Ken even said that it embarrasses him to post here since that was made...

Ken, you made the Flurricane Headcount thread... and did people enjoy it? 24 replies sure tells me that at least a few people enjoyed it... And my Revstein Headcount thead... 18 replies... And each one of our threads have 800 views.... These threads we made are nothing to be ashamed about... It's obviously provided some people with some sort of entertainment. Why take that away? I mean, hell, it's better than not posting at all...

I still stand by headcount threads... In my opinion, I think it's interesting to see what people hit what hard tricks, and if there's a video that I can watch next to their name... even cooler. It's just my opinion... Disagree if you'd like... call me an idiot if you'd like... I think hating on Headcount Threads is worthless. I've said all I can say to back up why I think Headcounts are okay. You're all entitled to your own opinions. The end.
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 23 Aug 2011 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Aug 2011 18:21

@Nick

I think it comes down to the long running debate on this forum, although never I think directly debated, about whether it should be a resource, or a conversation (or obviously a balance somewhere between).

Like you, I think of it as a conversation. It's not a database, and you only need to read through the trick tip individual topics to see how terrible it is as database.

The value of modified (and all forums) comes not from the information, but from being a place to discuss information, and from the connections it forms - if you like the "social capital" rather than the "information capital." One of the big changes that I think has occurred on modified over the last 5 years or so has been a move away from social capital, both from things like the way the trick tips forum is moderated, the creation of the blogs subforum, but also from the growing attitude as the forum as a database and resource, and not a conversation.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 27 Aug 2011 05:02

WOW!!!! well, that was interesting. to all of the people that dont care for headcounts, i see your point and i get it. no hard feelings :cry: :wink: .

For the people that kinda defended me......thanks!!! i guess this noob got over excited about posting this headcount.

just for shits and giggles, my dream move would be superdeedooperfly swirl and to hit x2. a 8-8 is my goal.
angeski

CICFreestyler17
Hack Fiend

Post by CICFreestyler17 » 04 Sep 2011 18:19

I wouldn't worry about it; at least you're trying to keep the forum active. Instead of people being jerk offs about it or writing essays about things I didn't even read, they could have let the thread die and let the people who have hit it say "Yes, I have hit that." Pretty simple concept, eh?

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 05 Sep 2011 06:11

thanks man. :D
angeski

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 05 Sep 2011 06:38

I for one would like to see the forum flooded a bit, with anything footbag related, redundant or not. It's not like the rate of new topics is overwhelming at the moment.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 05 Sep 2011 08:06

ooo god dont temp me...... i have lots of ideas. 8O
angeski

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Sep 2011 09:01

PoisonTaffy wrote:I for one would like to see the forum flooded a bit, with anything footbag related, redundant or not. It's not like the rate of new topics is overwhelming at the moment.
+1
Nick Polini

Funblog