opinions about being a good guiltless shredder

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Ohios1
Multidex Master

opinions about being a good guiltless shredder

Post by Ohios1 » 18 Jan 2012 17:52

wanting everyones opinion on what there idea of a guiltless shredder is.

ex.
what would be your guiltess, unique, genuine rec?

just your idea in general.
angeski

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 18 Jan 2012 21:03

I'm a little confused by the question, which seems different in the OP to the title.

Anyway I'd roughly define a "good" guiltless shredder as one who has interesting runs with the ability to display a range of concepts (not necessarily in the same run every time). It's hard to talk about run length, because it depends on the difficulty of the run, but certainly they should easily be capable of 30+ contact runs at a relatively easy level.

I'd define a "guiltless shredder" (ie. not necessarily good) as somebody who is capable of runs of 3+ adds, and usually plays at that level in non-competitive shred circles.

I have no idea what my guiltless and genuine records are, but my current shred 30 is 32 contacts (including BOPS) and last time I was training with it for a competition I could hit it dropless, so my unique record must be at least 32.

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 18 Jan 2012 21:43

There are a couple of sub-topics here.

Playing guiltess does not make you good. There are some insane two adds. I know I would much rather see a run of wild two adds than a run of bland three adds.

A good guiltless shredder should have a a solid foundation of downtime componens. In my opinion those include whirl, swirl (rev), butterfly, osis, illusion, mirage (paradox), eggs, dlos, drifter, etc. And a guiltless player should be able to periodically throughout a run combine those with uptime and peaktime components. In addition to that a solid guiltless player should have developed "their own style" for lack of a better term. By that I mean that area were their are starting to thrive. (ie pixie tricks or spinning ducking)

In terms of run length... Yeah you should be able to hit 30+ guiltless but they don't have to be the hardest tricks. You should also be able to hit say 4 fearless in order to be considered solid guiltess.

That is just my general opinion. I personally hate the idea of this "guiltless shredder." Just play footbag and see where it takes you. Don't read somebody's opinion and say now I must hit this many guiltless before I take the next big step. Be smart!

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 19 Jan 2012 14:59

thanks guys. i know the question was a little weird. i had a hard time myself trying to explain it. so far,everyone is answering what i wanted. keepem comming
angeski