Pumpkin

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Allan

Pumpkin

Post by Allan » 15 Oct 2012 15:14

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c7FDy3MPYc[/youtube]

At 2:49, he talks about what a "pumkin" is; where you spend, like, a whole session trying to hit a particular combo, and you finally hit it, but then shortly thereafter you cease to care that you hit the combo, and maybe even think it was lame, or somehow diminished ... it turns into a pumpkin :)

I've experienced this a lot. Anyone else?

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: Pumpkin

Post by mtoolan » 18 Oct 2012 18:29

Marc Johnson is the man. He has so much style.

I personally have been a victim of the pumpkin effect. Mostly at tournaments trying to hit something flashy, but by the time I hit it I'm a little disappointed at how much energy I wasted on something I shouldn't have bothered with in the first place. Drunkenly racing Doug Tank to see who could hit the most triple dexes on friday night at the last Funtastiks ever comes to mind. And the next day I woke up so sore I could barely play for the rest of the weekend. What a waste.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Dec 2012 07:23

Now that I think about it, I have SEVERE pumpkinitis. My part in last year's ADD/Dex Hunt video put me deep in a hole. I hit the link within the first hour my first day and was stoked. Then realized the footage was fucked up. So I tried again and again and again and again for the next few days, finally hitting it 3 days later. But the damage to my legs was already done. Ripped Warrior> Symp Whirling Swirl> Singularity> P Torque is the biggest pumpkin I know.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Dec 2012 20:16

This guy looks like you, Allan.