Slapping / Tapping. ...Why?!

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.

Slapping and Tapping are necessary.

True.
40%
False.
23%
False.
23%
I'm a newbie. This is all meaningless to me.
13%

Total votes: 30

Iain
1337 h4x0r

Post by Iain » 08 Aug 2003 12:05

Rob wrote:
Omnicriz wrote:
Blurry <--involves pdx
may i remind u blurry has nothing to do with paradox. Just most of the blurry moves are paradox as it is the easiest. Blurry is simply doing an in-out dexterity with both legs. Thats y moves such as bedwetter aren't blurry.
May I remind you that the official definition of blurry involves stepping paradox. I think there's some pish posh about each leg doing an in to out dexterity as well, but I'm not 100% on that.

I think Blurry should mean stepping op, but as far as I know it doesn't.
Please watch tricks of the trade 2 and listen to Mr. Shults say it himself.
Hello, my name is Iain George.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 08 Aug 2003 12:11

I understand it that the whole "one i-o dex with each leg" type of thing was what Blurry was intended to mean. Quite a useless term. But it has evolved into meaning Stepping Op, which is more useful, and widely accepted as the defintion of Blurry.

*inhale* Kenny isn't always right.. *phew*
Johnny Suderman

Iain
1337 h4x0r

Post by Iain » 08 Aug 2003 12:12

right now most people believe it to mean stepping pdx. But yes people are starting to consider blurry as stepping op.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 08 Aug 2003 12:14

Note: This is turning into another Blurry debate. Maybe we should revive one of those older threads, and discuss this there.

Edit: I took my own advice and bumped the old Blurry thread.
Johnny Suderman

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 08 Aug 2003 12:38

Omnihat wrote:If someone says one of those moves u listed, will u know what trick it is. YES! so it works.
What the hat? What I listed there was in reference to what I'd said before about the number of combinations of different move elements, and how there's no possible way we can make common names for all of them. It was in reference to the CROTCH issues people were raising.

If I've misinterpreted what you yourself were referring to, maybe you should get some Quoting going on, eh? :P
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 08 Aug 2003 12:40

Omnicriz wrote:right now most people believe it to mean stepping pdx. But yes people are starting to consider blurry as stepping op.
Starting to consider, does not mean that's what it is.
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

Iain
1337 h4x0r

Post by Iain » 08 Aug 2003 12:48

qphox, i think i might have misinterpreted u. Disregard what i said about that.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Aug 2003 16:46

if you dont want to give names to things you should just speak in jobs. ">>>" can seperate moves from elements within moves.

i just hit: clip > op in [DEX] > op in [PDX][DEX] > op toe [DEL] >>> toe > op out [DEX] > op out [DEX] > op clip [XBD][DEL] >>> clip > op in [DEX] > op in [PDX][DEX] > op clip [XBD][DEL] >>> clip > op in [DEX] > op in [PDX][DEX] > op toe [DEL] >>> toe > op out [DEX] > op out [DEX] > op clip [XBD][DEL] >>> clip > op in [DEX] > op in [PDX][DEX] > op clip [XBD][DEL]

edit: try to call out what im hitting as i hit it.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Aug 2003 18:52

props eric.

Imagine trying to yell out Vaseks sick three at worlds as he hit each move.
Spinning ducking parradox symposium whirl>spinning parradox symposium whirl>spinning ducking parradox symposium whirling crossbody rake. Try it and remember that you can't yell out each component until he hits it. However how much easier is it to say montage>whirlwind>montage rake?

gibsonian
Shredaholic

Post by gibsonian » 07 Sep 2003 23:40

It would be very difficult, to do a downtime duck/dive, so I believe that ducks should be considered sets. Plus, not many sets go above head height, so at best you would do the duck at the bags apex, it should be considered a set component.