Nemesis Head Count

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 09 Aug 2006 19:24

Cod wrote:How good it is to be a Toe To Toe player. Noone tell you your Nemesis is The :D.
Cod can you hit terraging DSO? That's like, toe nemisis. Do your thing, man.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 09 Aug 2006 19:30

Iron Clad Ben wrote:Cod can you hit terraging DSO? That's like, toe nemisis. Do your thing, man.
I would love to see this! (sorry for the off topicness)
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 09 Aug 2006 21:26

King Monkey wrote:
janis wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I've hit it both sides but I couldn't say if they were clean or not.
I saw you hit one at Aussie champs, it looked clean to me at the time.

LMAO it was so 'the'
I never saw the video, oh well

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 10 Aug 2006 01:21

Terraging DSO is so imposible at the moment. It's a lot harder than Nemesis. I think if we are looking at difficulty of the trick, Sailing DLO can be a Toe "Nemesis".
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 10 Aug 2006 01:48

toe barraging DSO would be a possible toe "nemisis".
go for it Cod :D

I'm curious who has hit nemisis on tape, this way we can see if it's clean.

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 10 Aug 2006 05:39

"Full toe" Nemesis would be toe barraging double illusion. I'd kill to see that trick. :P
Lauri Jaakkola

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Aug 2006 09:06

Jeremy wrote: but I've hit moves like furious dlo with that furious side which is presumably clean and pdx dlo is about as hard as barfly probably. So I guess there is a good chance at least one of the times I've hit nemesis on both sides were clean.
This argument really popped out at me as being very suspect. Spinning osis and blizzard are roughly equally difficult, but if a noobie told be they hit spinning osis, I wouldn't doubt it was clean. It's pretty hard to the any part of that trick. But if a noobie told me they hit blizzard on the other hand, I'd be somewhat skeptical, because there are more "danger zones" in that trick where you could easily hit it uncleanly. The step could be slurred, and even pros miss illusions.

Similarly, while one could argue that barfly and pdlo are roughly equal in difficulty, I think it's much harder to argue that they are equally hard to "the." How many fogs do you see with a "the" pdlo? Compare that to how many "the" blurriests you have seen. Same with pdlo vs. barfly. Just because you can hit a clean pdlo off a set, and just because pdlo and barfly are near each other in difficulty, does not logically lead to the conclusion that you can hit a clean barfly off the same set.

I also wanted to say that I agree with Honza's comment about clean nemeses. In this thread alone, several people have called "the" nemeses "clean," which I think is a perfect illustration of why people shouldn't claim this trick without video proof. Nemesis is an extremely hard trick to clean. That's part of what makes it so cool, and such an achievement. If everybody relaxes their standards and starts calling "the" nemeses as clean, it cheapens the achievement of those who actually have hit it cleanly. Don't hate on people like Honza and Mike for telling it like it is. "The" isn't a value judgment, it's an objective observation of reality, intended to help people get better.

Ners
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ners » 10 Aug 2006 11:12

You think Szymon's "nemesis" during the circle was clean.....................
You must be kidding, right??!!
The Barfly was toey but it was there - I wouldn't call it the as I didn't miss the dexes. Of course it could be deeper.

Szymon Kałwak (Ners)

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 10 Aug 2006 17:52

C-Fan wrote:
Jeremy wrote: but I've hit moves like furious dlo with that furious side which is presumably clean and pdx dlo is about as hard as barfly probably. So I guess there is a good chance at least one of the times I've hit nemesis on both sides were clean.
This argument really popped out at me as being very suspect. Spinning osis and blizzard are roughly equally difficult, but if a noobie told be they hit spinning osis, I wouldn't doubt it was clean. It's pretty hard to the any part of that trick. But if a noobie told me they hit blizzard on the other hand, I'd be somewhat skeptical, because there are more "danger zones" in that trick where you could easily hit it uncleanly. The step could be slurred, and even pros miss illusions.

Similarly, while one could argue that barfly and pdlo are roughly equal in difficulty, I think it's much harder to argue that they are equally hard to "the." How many fogs do you see with a "the" pdlo? Compare that to how many "the" blurriests you have seen. Same with pdlo vs. barfly. Just because you can hit a clean pdlo off a set, and just because pdlo and barfly are near each other in difficulty, does not logically lead to the conclusion that you can hit a clean barfly off the same set.
I think you've missed the point completely - probably because you seem set on constantly disagreeing with everything I say.

The point was that if my furious set is good enough to hit a pdx dlo out of it, it's probably good enough to hit a clean barfly out of it. How people have you seen that can hit fog but have never hit a clean blurriest. I didn't at all say that all my nemesis are clean - in fact I basically said that I think most of them are not clean but that since I am fairly sure I can hit a clean furious dlo, that I think there is a good chance I may have once hit a clean nemesis on that side. I don't think there is anything suspect about that arguement at all.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 11 Aug 2006 04:54

Jeremy wrote: How people have you seen that can hit fog but have never hit a clean blurriest..

*raises hand*
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Aug 2006 07:42

HenryG wrote:
Jeremy wrote: How people have you seen that can hit fog but have never hit a clean blurriest..

*raises hand*
Yeah, me too. In Japan there are a few. There's also a bit of a difference between "can" hit fog, and "have" hit fog. If a set is inconsistent, I can see somebody flukily hitting fog (or nebula) and getting it clean, but I wouldn't make the leap from there to assume that that means they can hit clean blurriest (or nemesis).

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 11 Aug 2006 07:49

I hit blurriest twice, once was clean. but i can hit fog bsos a lot.
[/i]
zach jahner

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Aug 2006 18:21

well lets assume I know my own game well enough to think that I have probably hit at least one clean nemesis on both sides.

footymatt
Shredaholic

Post by footymatt » 13 Dec 2006 15:22

I've seen David C. hit nemy clean at the 2006 east coast champs, on stage, at a free public show, on the first try, under pressure, with many a footbagger watchin'. Really cool ta see. I got it on video. I just can't post it yet. I ain't paid my dues.
<--==╡"F♂OtYmÄtT"╞==-->
To bend and move is natural; to play footbag is naturaler!! Ha Ha
-Matt Hennemuth
Footy Footbags Club

JeffRichards
Fearless

Post by JeffRichards » 17 Dec 2006 13:32

How many have hit Nemesis b2b? I know Clavens has.... and i assume Vasek has?

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 10 Mar 2007 07:44

Clavens and Vaska are the only ones, probably for some time too
bodybuilda

Mathochist
Multidex Master

Post by Mathochist » 13 Mar 2007 21:23

JeffRichards wrote:How many have hit Nemesis b2b? I know Clavens has.... and i assume Vasek has?
Ooooooh! Really? How recently? Last I read, dc was commenting that most players, since they can't even hit it once, can't appreciate how hard it is back to back. But I'd love that vid if it's available.
My favorite trick is knowing when to pass.
Rob Creel III

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 14 Mar 2007 02:20

I think it's in one of the New Years Jam videos; along with stuff like Nemesis>Whirlygig Swirl.
Matt Kemmer

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 14 Mar 2007 05:51

I'm pretty sure I've hit it clean, i hit a really clean arch nemesis on video.
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Genzu
Freedom Footbags

Post by Genzu » 17 Mar 2007 22:29

Maraxus wrote:Clavens and Vaska are the only ones, probably for some time too
This sport seems to be growing faster than I can keep up with. I think that before worlds there may be a few others added to this list, and I'm nearly positive that Jim will hit it back to back before Worlds. I've seen him land it BSOS before.
Cod wrote:Terraging DSO is so imposible at the moment. It's a lot harder than Nemesis. I think if we are looking at difficulty of the trick, Sailing DLO can be a Toe "Nemesis".
I agree and disagree here. It's harder only because most everyone focuses more on clipper moves (especially furious sets), I think partly because of the extra add for clipper. Since I haven't worked my furious set at all, and I was the person that coined the term terrage, and probably the first to land enterrage, I think that terraging DSO would be easier (for me) than nemesis (particularly muted style - though this is admittedly a different trick, even though judged the as the same). I think that this move is actually even possible from outside set to outside, if you really want to get crazy ;) - I've landed the 3 dex version, though only enterrage style, not pixie DSO style - Still got to work on that one.

Enough blabbering for now. Time to sew :D.

Peace.
Daryl "Genzu Blades" Genz

Owner, Freedom Footbags
Please support the IFPA:
http://www.freedomfootbags.com/