Downtime Tap

Talk about your big add moves and concepts in here.
Cod
Flower Child

Downtime Tap

Post by Cod » 31 Jul 2005 14:32

Hi all. I think I have invented a new move. It's Dap - Downtime Tap. I have video with myself hitting Tap Dance - Pixie ss Dap. What do you think about it?

http://www.footbag.p2.pl/video/4add-cod-tapdance.wmv

Dap: Toe >> Op Out (DEX) > Plant > Same In (DEX) > Op Toe (DEL)
Tap Dance: Toe > Same In (DEX) >> Plant > Same Out (DEX) > Plant > Same In (DEX) > Op Toe (DEL)
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 31 Jul 2005 14:50

hmmmmmmm...well.........
props on wmv format

the move certainly looks cool but I'm not sue if its "clean". I wouldn't know how to justify cleanlyness of a move like that though? toe moves scare me :!:

HackMaverick
Multidex Master

Post by HackMaverick » 31 Jul 2005 19:21

I think it was clean and thats really badass. Congrats man. I would like to see it blurry or something that would seem to be more downtime.
Andrew Koller

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 01 Aug 2005 00:54

props Cod. I say it looks clean also!

I'd like to see downtime atomsmasher please!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 01 Aug 2005 04:22

that was sweet.

I like the shorts, it seems like your boxing
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 01 Aug 2005 05:07

Cool idea, but I don't think it was clean. It is really hard to tell from that camera angle. You should try getting an overhead shot of it. That'd make it a lot easier to tell.
Mike Hansen

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 01 Aug 2005 05:44

Nick Laroche has been hitting downtime taps before... Nick confirm..
-Tuukka Antikainen

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 01 Aug 2005 05:53

I've hit fairy ss pickup all downtime - because I couldn't do fairy sets at that time and I guess I have fast legs. Similar move anyway I guess.

Hard to tell if it's really clean or not but nice move for sure. I don't know about naming moves that have basically already been hit before. It would be like naming tapping clipper or furious muted far clipper. I think if the only difference between two moves is the time when the components are performed it doesn't really count as a new move - just a new variation on an old move.

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 01 Aug 2005 06:05

It's really cool that someone has hit that before! Jeremy, your move is also crazy! I wanna see a vid. About cleanlyness of my move: I felt it clean while hitting. I'll try to make one more video with better camera angle. About naming this stuff: First of all, in my opinion downtime version of Tap is completely different move than normal Tap and it needs a name. As I see, I'm not the first hitting that, so I can't name it, but maybe Nick likes a name Dap? :) Same with Tap Dance ;) And BTW: what Dap moves has Nick hit?

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 01 Aug 2005 08:36

Sweet move, Michal. I thought it looked pretty clean; even if it wasn't, it's still super sick.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 01 Aug 2005 09:08

Nice move but I have to say that I hate the name and see no reason why that component should be named.

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 01 Aug 2005 11:05

It has a name - original tap. ;)

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 02 Aug 2005 00:31

Nagasake wrote:It has a name - original tap. ;)
OMG. I have totally forgotten about "Oiriginal" concept :). Now I can forget about name "Dap". But what about Pixie ss Original Tap? Can it be Tap Dance or not? What do you think?

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 02 Aug 2005 04:10

i think that's an awesome name :D sweet move too! if my computer played movies i'd download it... ><

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 02 Aug 2005 07:48

Yeah, I don't know if the second dex really clears the bag as much as it should, but I know you can clean it up MORE. It looked so easy for you. Props :)

Oh yeah, and before I saw the video, I thought you hit quantum ss tap:

Toe > op in > same out > same in > op toe...maybe a move to try later??
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 02 Aug 2005 15:26

I have hit today a really clean Tap Dance. Tom Mosher have seen that and said it's perfect. I think Slapping Original Tap is too difficult now, but maybe later... I think at the moment I can hit only one new move with that concept: Pixie Op Original Tap. I'll try it tomorrow. And then maybe Original Tap on flipside ;).

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 02 Aug 2005 15:42

SWEET move, Michal!!
I think I would really like to see JUST the downtime tap. The pixie same is sick, but it's hard to determine how downtime it is. Plus I know you're, like, the master of sailing, so I anticiate a mash between sailing same mirage and pixie tap. I want to see just the tap :p

Umm...in one of Jorden's videos he hit, like...wasn't it slapping tap?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was totally something like that. It was more of a quantum same atomic SET, though (if I recall)...similar to those wiggle and jiggle sets...or whatever.

Anyway, props! I slowmoed your slowmo -- it's totally fucking clean. There is no way it isn't It's a bit "sloppy", but it's by no means the. The second dex CLEARLY cleared the bag before the plant and third dex, and the third dex was performed with ENOUGH room above the ankle for it to be completely clean. To those who say it isn't clean, why do you say so?

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 02 Aug 2005 16:02

Erik Chan wrote:Anyway, props! I slowmoed your slowmo -- it's totally fucking clean. There is no way it isn't It's a bit "sloppy", but it's by no means the. The second dex CLEARLY cleared the bag before the plant and third dex, and the third dex was performed with ENOUGH room above the ankle for it to be completely clean. To those who say it isn't clean, why do you say so?
If he were rotated 45 degrees more, the dex would "clear" the bag 100% of the time -- no matter where the bag actually was. From the angle it was shot at, you can't tell whether it is actually clean or just the rotation of his leg in relation to the camera.
Mike Hansen

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 02 Aug 2005 19:18

Erik Chan wrote:Umm...in one of Jorden's videos he hit, like...wasn't it slapping tap?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was totally something like that. It was more of a quantum same atomic SET, though (if I recall)...similar to those wiggle and jiggle sets...or whatever.
I talked to jorden about that and it wasn't slapping tap. I'm pretty sure it was a double atomic. Like leggy/hippy ss mirage. Maybe he'll clarify???