Joulukalenteri 2018

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Joulukalenteri 2018

Post by Ryan_Morris » 01 Dec 2018 04:28

Strap in, folks---the Joulukalenteri starts now!

First up, it's me! I proudly present to you video proof that Penn State Jampionships is still going strong eight years running. Nick Polini started this crazy jam during his college days and even now that almost the whole club has graduated and moved away, the beautiful Benjamin Babyak has kept the tradition alive. Recently, the PSU Footbag Club has started to grow again and with it our hopes that Jamps will live on for years to come.

New this year: there will be a People's Choice poll for the crowd-favorite video at the end of the Joulukalenteri. You can find the whole playlist here on modified as they are released.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Joulukalenteri 2018

Post by Ryan_Morris » 02 Dec 2018 07:09

Joulukalenteri Day 2: Nathan Bonslaver presents "Four Seasons - 2018"

A message from the creator: "2018 has been a rough year for me footbag wise. I got in about 2 weeks in January before I got injured. An injury that started while filming LoTD in Dec 2017. I had to take several months off. My level hasn't returned to where I left off, and it's been nearly a year. This video compiles all the footage I took this year in chronological order. It looks rough because it is. I hope to return to full strength and start pushing again in 2019."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 02 Dec 2018 19:03

Joulukalenteri Day 3: A triple feature from Erik Chan!

From the creator: "The last few outdoor sessions of the season for FAT (Footbag Association of Toronto), with Mike Faille, Alex Venis, and Erik Chan."

Erik:

Alex:

Mike:

Yeah, this is a little early, but who's gonna know? :wink:
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 04 Dec 2018 04:02

Joulukalenteri Day 4: Khoa Nguyen

From the creator: "This video, I must warn you, may be a bit of a let down. I must admit, this is a very busy time for me. Many things are happening at once, and the time slots for footbag is getting less and less everyday. Even the means of playing is different. Most of the time I would be playing at 9 pm to 10 pm before having to sleep right away just to wake up at 5:30 the next morning. I do not really have the luxury of choosing my training place anymore. Most of my trainings is indoors, where shoes are usually not advisable. In fact, after each session with shoes indoors, I will have to quickly clean the floor before I am done. Still, doing all of this and making a video took me back to the old days, and it feels great!
I know for one thing... may be I should do more and more sessions indoors with shoes. I am getting used to it and it doesnt feel that bad now!"

I, for one, found this video anything but a let down. :)
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 05 Dec 2018 04:57

Joulukalenteri Day 5: Wiktor Dębski

You all know him!
#footbag #wiktordebski #freestyle #tricks #rooftop #shred

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 06 Dec 2018 04:26

Joulukalenteri Day 6: Margo Hartig

As if Link of the Day wasn't enough, Marco gives us a recap of his greatest hits on Instagram this year!

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 07 Dec 2018 03:36

Joulukalenteri Day 7: Daniel Boyle

From Dan: "The song in this video is about dealing with grief, which I have done some of this year. There is also a lot about frustration, which we deal with a lot in our footbag game. Often we leave out all the drops and trying again, but that's a big part of the game so I have left a bit in that video.
It was mainly filmed at the Cotter River, just outside Canberra, Australia. Please enjoy."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 08 Dec 2018 08:08

Joulukalenteri Day 8: Mathieu Gauthier

This video features sick tricks, combos, strings, and a footbag-hungry baby. Enjoy!

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 09 Dec 2018 06:37

Joulukalenteri Day 9: Derek Littlefield presents "The Pixie Project"

In this video, Derek shows us what he calls "the outcome from nearly a decade of grinding and investing all skill points into Pixie and Tiltless." The sporadic non-footbag clips are from places in California where he went with Skyler Lon Smith, Aleksi Airinen, and Caroline Birch after Worlds 2017. I like to think they represent this Calinadian's dreams of sunny days while stuck inside for the snowy winter.

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 10 Dec 2018 04:09

Joulukalenteri Day 10: Ivan Iakimenko presents "The Foot, the Bag, and the Dexy"

This video might be blocked in your country, so Ivan has hosted the video on his Google Drive (and in higher quality than YouTube!): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JcHWuB ... TgXOql7J5A

From Ivan: "The post finals shred circles at Worlds 2017 in Portland were impossible to describe. The players played for the sheer joy of playing, no-longer saving themselves for competition. Perhaps it was also the caliber of the people present that pushed them to such a high level. Regardless, this video is a snapshot of those few hours of freedom, happiness and dexes that occurred after the conclusion of competition on Saturday night. This video is approximately 1.5 years late, but I hope you still enjoy it. Many thanks for those of you who helped fly my butt to worlds that year."

Last edited by Ryan_Morris on 13 Dec 2018 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 11 Dec 2018 04:01

Joulukalenteri Day 11: Paloma Pujol Mayo presents "Topical Phrases"

From Paloma: "The sport of Footbag is always surrounded by the same phrases coming from the people watching us! I hope you enjoy this video as much as we enjoyed recording it!!!"

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 12 Dec 2018 04:05

Joulukalenteri Day 12: Peter Bowler

From Pete: "This footage is taken from 3 sessions in November; wish i could have gotten more B Lit and Hoagy Beatz on tape but they were doin the family thing and recovering from ankle roll, respectively. So I filled in as best i could with some fun weird stuff. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the Boston Shred Crew."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 12 Dec 2018 21:19

Joulukalenteri Day 13: Brian Sherrill and Dustin Rhodes

From Brian and Dustin: "Dustin has been making the transition to Climacools and working on his flying game a lot. Brian has been recovering from a knee injury and ramping up intensity. Both have recently been playing 2x a week and here is the result from our past 3 sessions. Bob Green combo cameo included. Happy Holidays!"

Hey Modified friends, enjoy seeing this video before anyone else! :wink:
Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 13 Dec 2018 00:35

Yay! Great vids so far (although Ivan's was blocked in NZ so couldn't watch it). Thanks Ryan for keeping these coming!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 13 Dec 2018 06:23

Hey TJ, I forgot to mention that Ivan uploaded his video to Google Drive after it got blocked. Check it out! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JcHWuB ... TgXOql7J5A
Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 13 Dec 2018 14:33

Great, thanks for that! I remember Clavens asking me to shred, joining that circle for like 2 minutes, then telling him I was drained or something, remember thinking I was gonna rest, walking to the sideline, passing Rory who was kicking then starting kicking with him. When I decided to go back to the circle with Clavens in it there were too many people to jump in. I remember being upset about that. Good times! Do we know where worlds is next year?
TJ Boutorwick

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 14 Dec 2018 14:49

Joulukalenteri Day 14: Larry Workman

From Larry: "This past year my wife and I have endured many firsts without our daughter. The first birthdays, holidays, the day of her passing, a heart attack, a broken foot. We have now had to endure 2nd's and they are not any better in terms of heart ache.
Each day becomes easier with time but these special days will always hurt without our sweetiepie. It doesn't matter how much time will pass we will just miss her no matter what. We will always be thankful for each other, and we are, but our home will never feel the same knowing she will never be coming back to it.
Today, December 14th, Mayleigh would be 23 years old. In honor of her birthday, I was gifted Day 14 of the Joulukalenteri Calendar for our Freestyle Footbag group. Another first. Most of these videos show the accomplishments of ones self in footbag but I was compelled to put together a much longer video than most. I hope to not lose the attention of most as it's 19 minutes long....but starts by reminiscing of a birthday memory of Mayleigh followed by the story of my footbag journey's and how Mayleigh was a part of it from the very start. I owe it to her for bringing footbag back into my life and I am so grateful she did. This is a tribute to Mayleigh and how much she is always on our minds and how we continue to spread the memory of her existence to others.
Thank you to all who have shared their love with us. Each card,email,message and tribute to Mayleigh is a pure blessing to us. Our footbag family sent us to Vegas last year and gave us quite the experience and distraction over our daughters birthday. Today, we will be folding cranes in a 4th grade classroom after singing happy birthday to Mayleigh. We are so grateful for the teacher to want us to come share our story and show the kids how to fold origami. It will definitely be a much needed distraction as it's a very tough day for us.
And one last first.... This will be the first time I won't be able to make the US Footbag Championships, which starts today ironically, since I started going in 2010. I wish all the competitors and event organizers all the best though and wish we could be there. We will continue working on ourselves to hopefully have a much stronger and pain free 2019. Much love to you all!"

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 15 Dec 2018 11:12

Joulukalenteri Day 15: Dominik Šimků

This is the earliest known video of Dominik, long before he was Nunchaku. Enjoy!

YouTube link: Joulukalenteri Day 15: Dominik Šimků

This is the earliest known video of Dominik, long before he was Nunchaku. Enjoy!

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 17 Dec 2018 11:36

Hi everyone, but mostly TJ! I'm working on getting videos 16 and 17 uploaded to YouTube and I'll post them as soon as I can. Most of you have probably seen them on Facebook, but that leaves out TJ :( Sorry, bud!
Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 17 Dec 2018 12:55

Hey, thanks so much for doing that! If they are posted somewhere else that I can see I am happy to use that method.
TJ Boutorwick