The new guy.

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
RM
Circle Kicker

The new guy.

Post by RM » 13 Jan 2012 16:56

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this forum clearly, as well as new to the sport of footbagging. I wanted to get into this a few years ago but was too young to really be part of the scene (I'm 17 right now). I know a fair bit about the sport and the scene but just was never an active member of it, being so young.

As far as where I want to go with the sport, I'm not really looking to focus on freestyle and being a top notch tricker, I'm more into just keep ups, the occasional tricks, and circle kicking sometimes. I'm also a big appreciator of the skill and artistry that goes into making footbags and I wanted to be part of a forum with so many talented stitchers that could hook me up with some nice bags if needed.

Currently I just have a footbag from the local skateshop I work at, but I ordered a Dragonfly Midnight 32 panel metal filled bag a day or two ago, because I remember loving Dragonfly bags before and they seem to be good for both freestyle and basic kicking.

So that's basically where I'm at, just wanted to give everyone a big hello.

Im not sure it matters but for some sidestory heres some stuff bout me:
- Music Producer/Occasional DJ
- Skateboarding and Fingerboarding
- Full time student as of now

Cheers, have a good one
Keep It Up.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 13 Jan 2012 21:02

Welcome to Modified!

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 13 Jan 2012 23:55

Welcome. Don't worry, you're not too young. I started kicking when I was 12, and I'm 20 now. I'm still pretty young compared to a lot of players.

No matter your age, if you get some Adidas Rod Lvers and a Mr. Sandbag or handmade 32, you'll get addicted to learning new tricks -- I promise. Have fun!

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 15 Jan 2012 08:07

hey RM!

Welcome on modified! What ever your goal is with footbag, as long as you enjoy it, it's all goooood haha :D!

By the way, where do you come from in Canada exactly? There are many players in Canada ad depending where you are from i could suggest you few players to play with :)!

Mat

RM
Circle Kicker

Post by RM » 15 Jan 2012 08:25

Thanks guys

I live in a city called Oakville, its a 20 minute drive from the heart of Toronto
Keep It Up.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Jan 2012 10:50

Welcome, homeslice!

I'm fairly certain you have a footbag crew around you. Matieu knows more about that scene, so I'm sure he'll get back to you on that.

My tips:

~Master your basics, but it's ok to experiment with bigger tricks every now and then

~Make sure you keep on your toes when playing... NEVER land on your heels. That could lead to injury down the road.

~Play with as many people as you can (Helps to go to tournaments as often as possible)

~HAVE FUN! (*most important*)

I'm sure we'll hear your name being talked about in the future :wink:

Hope to kick with you at a future jam/tourney! Good luck man!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Mar 2012 07:17

^ Fail.

[deleted a spam post is why it looks like Nick is talking to himself - Zac]
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog