Hello - new here :D

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
JonM
Circle Kicker

Hello - new here :D

Post by JonM » 08 Jul 2012 14:33

Hi everyone, im Jon and im a newbie on modified :P

Ive been playing for a number of years very casually (perhaps because of the terrible weather in the UK).
Ive finally decided to take it a little more seriously in an effort to shed some weight (i recently hit the 17st mark - about 240lbs for you americans out there :P) - and because footbag is a lot of fun.

As i have a full time job, and do a bit of studying on the weekends, i dont have a lot of time to travel to play with people at the moment, and there doesnt seem to be much of a scene where i live (Basingstoke) :(
So as well as saying hi, i wanted to ask you guys what kind of online cometitions there are for novices? - ive seen the shred30's and sick1/sick3's etc, but was wondering if there was something where you are challenged to learn a new trick, perhaps something similar to SKATE / HORSE?

Anyway, thanks to all the guys on here who seem to be really dedicated to footbagging and helping out newbies like me - hope to have a game with some of you sometime!

Jon

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Jul 2012 15:18

There's a whole Challenges sub-forum where you can start a personal thread to log your progress, kind of like the footblogs. In your first post you can give an overview of your general skill level, tricks you're good at, tricks you're bad at or give you pain, and tricks at which you want to get better. People will read and give you challenges in combo, trick, or run form to help you progress and achieve your goals. Lots of people like to tally up the total challenges on the first page too and edit the fraction that they've completed in the thread title. Fun stuff!

Also, welcome and good luck!

JonM
Circle Kicker

Post by JonM » 08 Jul 2012 15:27

-facepalm-

Thanks a lot Erik - didnt spot that :oops:
That does sound fun - I will certainly post in there!
Jon M - footbag newbie