tiltless/guiltless

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

tiltless/guiltless

Post by ziursirhc » 05 Jul 2014 07:23

What Exactly Do ThoseTerms Mean? I've Been Trying To Search For Them But I Guess My Phone Won't Actually Let Me Search...

Matt K
Flower Child

Re: tiltless/guiltless

Post by Matt K » 05 Jul 2014 08:00

These are terms that most often refer to a string of tricks and what the lowest ADD value of one of those tricks are.

Tiltless - 2 ADDs and higher (or, to make more sense with the term, without 1-add tricks)
Guiltless - 3 ADDs and higher
Tripless - 4 ADDs and higher
Fearless - 5 ADDs and higher
Beastly - 6 ADDs and higher
Godly - 7 ADDs and higher

To say that a string is guiltless means that all of the tricks are at least 3 ADDs or higher, or to phrase it another way, the string is done without using tricks 2 ADDs or lower (the -less part of most of these terms).

Some of these terms are also used to describe a player in general. The most common ones are Tiltless and Guiltless. A Tiltless player is usually an intermediate who commonly does strings that contain 2 ADD tricks. A Guiltless player is one who has eliminated the need to use 2 ADD tricks in their strings and this is the most basic quality normally used to describe an 'open' level player.

There could also be responses about the validity of ADDs in determining skill level and how the numbers hinder true freestyle, but on a purely academic level I think I've answered the question accurately.
Last edited by Matt K on 17 Aug 2014 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Kemmer

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 05 Jul 2014 08:08

A "tilt" in footbag is a one add trick, like toe stall. So if you are "TILT-less" you are doing tricks in a string without utilizing any one add tricks. For example: Mirage>Legover>Illusion>Pickup>near clipper>Repeat

A "guilt" in footbag is a two add trick, like clipper stall. So if you are "GUILT-less" you are doing tricks in string without utilizing any two add tricks. For Example: Butterfly>Osis>Paradox Mirage>Repeat

But listen to Matt K, (I didn't know he was posting an answer as well at the same time as me) (He is a little better than me and that's a huge understatement)

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 05 Jul 2014 13:26

Thank You I Really Appreciate The Answers. So It's A DescriptioN Of String/Run Difficulty MorE Or Less. So A String Of Awt > LeGover > Clipper > Butterfly > Paradox Mirage Would Be Triples But If The Awt And legover Were Double And The Clipper You Spun Into It Would Be Guiltless.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 05 Jul 2014 14:58

If you meant "tiltless" instead of "tripless", yeah. Are you a tiltless player?

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 05 Jul 2014 17:20

I Mental Tiltless But My Phone Autocorrected It Into Tripless. And No im Not Tiltless Um Barely Getting Down The Basic Stalls (Good With Toe Decent With Inside Starting To Do Clippers All BS)