greetings everyone

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
RRW13
Shredalicious

greetings everyone

Post by RRW13 » 01 Nov 2015 09:02

hey everyone, well i been thinking about getting back into playing footbag again as i haven't played maybe in 10 years or so i was wondering if the sport has changed in the last 10 years or so. the reason i want to get back into it because i want take it up for the exercise and maybe get into better shape. i was wondering if you can get a good work out from playing ?

i was wondering what kind of shoes of clothes should i buy i notice in the online videos people wear shorts, are adidas still popular within the community?
Randy

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: greetings everyone

Post by Kylescook » 01 Nov 2015 18:18

Most of us are still using the Adidas Rod Laver as our primary shoe. Be careful if you're going to order a pair, over the last few years they have manufactured a couple different versions of the rod laver, as long as you buy ones that were manufactured in China you're golden, the ones manufactured in Indonesia have a different sole that causes the shoe to be much too heavy for comfortable freestyle. Other than rod laver's the most common shoes are Reebok G Units and Quantum's (I think Planet Footbag Finland has the last of the quantum v3's) A fourth iteration of the Quantum is in design, but no release time frame as of yet.

As far as shorts go its about player preference, Most of us prefer a shorter "soccer" style of short than compared with "Basketball Shorts" which tend to be longer.

Welcome back, and be sure to link up with everyone over on the Freestyle Footbag Facebook Group, it tends to be more active than modified these days
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 09 Nov 2015 10:37

Where do you live Randy? If we can get you in touch with active players near you, that's probably the best way for you to get back into the swing of things. Glad you're back, and good luck with the comeback!

RRW13
Shredalicious

Post by RRW13 » 24 Nov 2015 22:36

C-Fan wrote:Where do you live Randy? If we can get you in touch with active players near you, that's probably the best way for you to get back into the swing of things. Glad you're back, and good luck with the comeback!

well im from minnesota
Randy