cale mccoy

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
calemccoy
Flower Child

cale mccoy

Post by calemccoy » 06 Aug 2007 23:42

so today was sweet... me and two shredding buddies had a nice 3 hour session in which my friend landed a double atw in shoes for the first time, and i totally locked my stepping clipper, and got a stepping butterfly a few times. also, i landed a smear just recently and i am working on the barfly, a very elusive four add move.
Last edited by calemccoy on 05 Sep 2011 09:13, edited 52 times in total.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Aug 2007 00:53

Nice stuff :)

Don't forget to do EVERYTHING both sides.
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS STATEMENT.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 07 Aug 2007 12:06

yeah, ive been schooling my ATW's on both sides, and have recently been hitting my lefty butterfly. and im trying to learn any new tricks from a left foot set, like the barfly.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 07 Aug 2007 15:30

props on your progress so far!

which medford do you live in? (ie, which state)
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 07 Aug 2007 19:28

OR.... theres like 3 other serious footbaggers here, there was four but he moved to hollywood :( is anyone on this forum nearby?
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 07 Aug 2007 22:16

OR is Oregon right?

How far is Portland from Medford? they have a humongous scene in Portland.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 07 Aug 2007 22:18

sigh.... 5 hours. yeah, i was a t a church camp in portland three days after Us open, and didnt even know until a week later. so yeah, sort of out of reach for someone who cant drive. oh well.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 07 Aug 2007 22:19

Isilwar wrote:OR is Oregon right?
are there any other US states that start with O?
edit: lol im retarded
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 08 Aug 2007 11:24

today i am going to drill my clippers, butterflys, stepping clippers, and attempt the whirl until my legs dont work anymore. oh, and the main event: tonight at my church, my youth pastor has organized a FIREHACK session in the parking lot. its gonna be sweet! haha our fire station is literally right across the street form our church, so no worries :)

cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 08 Aug 2007 12:30

so i jogged to my shred spot. drilled for a few minutes... then a couple of teenage girls (roughly my age) come y and sit down to watch like 40 feet away. they kept waving at me and smiling. sigh.... i was in my short shorts and had no shirt on. (im kinda skinny....embarrassing!) so i left soon after that. but i got my opp butterfly a few more times. and firehack tonight to look forward too!

cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 08 Aug 2007 13:58

YES! stepping butterfly= locked in! so stoked! i hit it first try a few minutes ago in my driveway! woot! now i must conquer the whirl.... shoot. lol
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 10 Aug 2007 13:11

my rod lavers came today! im gonna do the inside and toe box modifications, and probaly lacing. then i shall shred till the day is done, and maybe hit a whirl!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 10 Aug 2007 13:16

calemccoy wrote:so i jogged to my shred spot. drilled for a few minutes... then a couple of teenage girls (roughly my age) come y and sit down to watch like 40 feet away. they kept waving at me and smiling. sigh.... i was in my short shorts and had no shirt on. (im kinda skinny....embarrassing!) so i left soon after that. but i got my opp butterfly a few more times. and firehack tonight to look forward too!

cale
hah, you should have stayed and talked to them! sounds like they were into the freestyle.

see you in Florida.

matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 13 Aug 2007 14:19

did alot of mods to my lavers today.... removed first two eyelets..... sharpied alittle..... and did a brocka cut that i finished over with some felt so it wouldnmt fray. ill post some pictures when i get back from worlds. hopefully the brocka will help my crank, it isnt very good. anyone suggest some stretchin exercises specifically for this problem? thanks

cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 16 Aug 2007 15:35

AWESOMEshred day today! i had two of my best footbag buddies over playin' what we call "SHRED"... like horse but for footbag. in this game, my friend hit osis>opp clipper>pickup>mirage! then, moments later, i hit a clipper>pickup>legover>mirage combo! these are tripless combos, right? someone let me know, just curious! and im going to worlds tomorrow..... so stoked.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 16 Aug 2007 16:19

Props on those tiltless combos :) . Tiltless is 2 adds and up, tripless is 4 adds and up.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 16 Aug 2007 21:24

haha thanks man, big difference :wink: yeah, i was stoked. and i was closest to getting the whirl than ever before! anyday now......
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 25 Aug 2007 21:58

ok..... back from worlds, which was awesome! i was so stoked to meet vasek and kenny.... wow. anyways, i got 2 josh raye 32's, and a footfighter. i am so content with these bags, and have been rapidly improving. i hit the whirl 6 times today!!! also, i hit a zulu clipper, and ss butterflys. today was an awesome day. also, while at worlds, i hit double atw for the first time barefoot, and then later in my lavers. my flipside is getting stronger everyday, and im getting pickups and legovers on both sides very strong. cheers!

cale
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 26 Aug 2007 22:34

Keep going dude. It was awesome when you hit the whirl in that parking lot. I'm still going for it, just not very often. I need to start drilling new tricks, and i think I might start working on the whirl on my flipside. I'm trying to do the learn new tricks on flipside first thing. Keep hacking dude. I'll see you on Friday for the Waterpark trip thingy, so cheers, and goodbye bill.
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 27 Aug 2007 00:17

haha thanks eoghan, yeah, those midnight shred sessions in megashort shorts rule! oh, and now i have illusion locked in as well. i was looking for the blue leather lavers in size 14 all over the internet, and couldnt find ANYTHING. then, i go to the mall the next day and BOOM.... there they are. ill save on shipping too. so yeha, im getting them tomorrow. i liked the brocka mod on my current lavers, but ill probably keep the walls on these ones for training purposes. i found the best lacing technique yesterday... and ive found that i shred best in loosely tied lavers, and also if i have no socks on (although after a few days this leads to panful blisters... ouch :cry: plus almost everyone at worlds had kept their walls, so i dont want to feel weird :? anyone feel generous enough to post a link to a thread about spacers for stretching toe walls? thanks, and keep shreddin!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag