Peng - getting new muscles

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 30 May 2007 18:09

An Update:

- I've moved home with the folks since school's been out. Now I live pretty far from Tom and getting together is a pain. But we've gotten together a few times and it's always been fun. I have a love/hate relationship with Markham. And since I love food so much, and I believe Markham has the best food in the GTA, it's more love than hate. Especially with no rent and bills to pay anymore.

- I was playing footbag everyday for the past month, but I sprained my ankle 3 days ago, so I'm now resting it. It's not the swollen tennis ball anymore, but it's starting to turn green and purple. Ick.

- Prior to this month-long streak of footbag, I had taken a break from footbag for 6 months. I hadn't played any footbag since Kickass 2. School just stressed me out too much and a bunch of other things in my life made me feel too shitty to want to feel like I suck at footbag too. Played a lot of magic during this time and got a really stellar DCI ranking in Kingston.

- I'm stoked for Montreal, although I don't know how much I'll be physically able to play. It'll be nice to see everyone again though.

- And Worlds!! The world's set-up that I've kinda got rolling is turning out sweet! It'll be my first worlds and I can't wait to meet so many people I've only heard and seen videos of. Peter the Executioner Irish!~ O.O

- The shoe quest still hasn't come to a satisfactory end. My shoes still don't fit, hence the injury. Tom recently bought me a pair and modded them for me. I'll try them at Montreal. Maybe they'll work. Here's hoping! If not, I have a very small pair of knock-off clima 1's coming from China... hopefully before worlds.

- I feel like an old fogey, but I feel like telling them young whipper snappers off whenever I am on the subway and I can hear their music from their earphones. Is it just me who is concerned that the Ipod generation is going to be deaf in the next decade? And really, do you have to have your earphones in your ears when I'm talking to you? I feel concerned that we have a generation that can't entertain themselves with their own thoughts and must have some form of audio/visual stimulation at all times.

- Tom got me a sweet new bike. I've named it Rapido Vaska because it's made in Czechoslovakia.

- I've been stitching some, but I've also been kind of greedy and keeping more bags than I should. I'll have at least 6 bags for sale in Montreal.

- The BAP names game is fun!

- I want to set up a 905 jam by my house. There's a sweet spot for some shred and some net.

- I'm procrastinating a paper I should be writing, as always. Back to work!
Pengpeng Du

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 30 May 2007 18:58

I love my girlfriend Pengpeng Du!!!!!! :D

I really think the new shoes I got you are going to work, they are in your size finally! This has been a long and painful quest but I think that the ones I got you will work.

Also, your new bike is adorable, I still want to paint it pink. I will if I have time before friday. aka tomorrow.

You're really cute Peng. :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 05 Jun 2007 13:03

After talking to muscle man Jon at Montreal, I've decided that today I embark on a 5000 calories/day diet.

Eating every 2 hours and drinking protein shakes in between is hard work. I feel like I'm gorging myself. However, yesterday I was watching TLC about obese people eating 15000 calories a day. How the heck do they do it??!
Pengpeng Du

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 12 Dec 2007 17:10

Great minds think alike, but better minds think pink :wink:
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 12 Dec 2007 18:37

WTF? I thought I left this thing to go die. 8O But I do like to think pink.

I kind of wanted to forget about my depressed psychotic year last year when everything went wrong and I just wanted to crawl in a hole and hide.

I guess Grant digging this up from the depths of modified makes this is a sign to start anew. I want to at least keep track of the physical activity I'm doing now and keep myself accountable for staying with the plan.

Life is great right now. School's almost done. I'm learning gymnastics, I'm strength-training everyday, and I still play some footbag. Although not so much this week because of my badly bruised heel. I had a huge streak of playing footbag everyday while the weather was nice. But it's been hard to find the motivation to play footbag now indoors. I'll get back on it though, but I figure my footbag abilities would improve if my strength and agility improved, so I might as well continue to do what I'm doing.

I'm bulking up, and it's really incredible to see the changes in my body. I'm up 8lbs now. I'm getting closer to my current goal weight of 100lbs. Strength-training has made my vertical leap height increase, and I'm starting to get muscles on my arms! My personal best in chin ups is now 12.

Flexibility has been a big thing with me too. I want to have good form in doing tricks, so I've been stretching everyday. I'm now 80% side splits and 80% straight splits. My hamstrings are sooo tight. I need to work on them the most.

I want to be toit like her! http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=epZjMuRRXLo Man is she hot. :oops:

I broke up with Tom... well, sort of. We're still something. It's just unrealistic to put any expectations on the relationship between us because he's planning to move to Berlin and I'm planning on moving to China in June to work.

Oh! And I quit smoking grass and drinking. I'm in your club now Jorden and Dave! XPENGX :lol:

Although I still enjoy both on occasion, it's no longer a daily part of my life.

Oops, it's time to eat more. Good night fizzied.
Last edited by Pengu on 13 Dec 2007 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Pengpeng Du

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 12 Dec 2007 22:19

YAY! Welcome back Peng..

I hopeyou one day start posting comics again..
Your discipline is amazing! GO PENG!

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 13 Dec 2007 05:23

I just remembered something about weight gain (which I currently have no problem doing :-( but back in the day, I was 6'2" after a growth spurt and weighing only like 120) that my doctor told me when I was 16. At the time, he had me eating a big bowl of nutrient rich cereal just before bed every evening. Like "Total" or Granola or similar. That was a long time ago, but his explanation was something along the lines of "your body grows and repairs while sleeping, without fuel it's a good way to lose weight (so today since I'm losing weight, I don't eat anything after 7 p.m.), and with fuel, it will help you keep weight on/increase weight". It worked (along with other tactics such as the ones you're taking) for me. I hope you reach your goals, sounds like you have a good approach to it all. Best of luck :-)
Bob R.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 13 Dec 2007 12:11

Pengu wrote:
Oh! And I quit smoking grass and drinking. I'm in your club now Jorden and Dave! XPENGX :lol:

Although I still enjoy both on occasion, it's no longer a daily part of my life.
well, you find yourself in good company, this is what i did some time ago too. i like my beers once in a while tho. in germany thats ok, cause we invented beer and it like food here... :? :? 8) liquid bread, thats what we say. :D
but its a good path you choosed. try to follow it!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 Dec 2007 15:33

Wee little (but getting bigger) Pengpeng is a major source of motivation for me. I am inspired by how hard she works and it pushes me to go harder.

I love having you in my life little girl!!! :D
Tom Mosher

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 13 Dec 2007 15:57

Thanks for the comments guys!

So right now, I moved home with my parents. My folks live in Markham (aka. Asialand). This city is like 90% Asian and have all the best food restaurants in the Toronto area. This makes for a pretty amazing culinary delight around every corner. I'm one of those people who aren't extremely picky about the kind of food as long as it's prepared well. Being still a poor young person who've just crawled out of student debt, I love this part of town because I can still eat out extravagantly and still have money in my pocket. $20 goes such a long way around here. Fast food restaurants like McD are empty and struggling because there are so many better choices for foodstuff that costs the same or less.

Anyway, all that intro was for this post about my love of the words, "All You Can Eat". Man do I love buffets. I have 3 favourites in Asialand.

1. All you can eat sushi. There's like 4 of these restaurants within a 10 minute drive of each other that are amazing. Because of how busy these places are usually, their fish is always fresh. You order what you want and you order more when you've finished and feel like you can eat more. > rpt. Their menu is like 4 8X11 pages long of all sorts of permutations of sushi as well as cooked Japanese appetizers and entrees.

2. All you can eat Korean BBQ. You sit down in front of a grill and they bring you marinated raw meats (chicken, beef, pork, squid, fish, beef ribs, salmon, lamb, shrimp) you cook on the grill yourself. They give you rice, soup, an assortment of korean sidedishes, and salad too.

3. All you can eat Mongolian Grill. Pick your ingredients you want to cook into a dish, and these chef cook it for you on this giant grill with huge chopsticks. There's also a selection of real buffet along the other side as well as deserts. My favourite is the shaved ice with sweet red bean on it.

Speaking of which, I got kicked out of an All You Can Eat sushi place today that I went to for lunch. They were busy and I kept ordering instead of leaving. :oops: Who knew they were actually going to enforce the 90 minute time limit? I realize I ate my fill and then some, but I'm trying to bulk remember?

:lol:

I feel like Homer at the shrimp house. I wonder what the scale will say tomorrow.
Pengpeng Du

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 14 Dec 2007 01:56

kicked out of an all-you-can-eat restuarant! Impressive. Kudos to you.

we do our own all you can eat bbq's, they're the best :twisted:

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 14 Dec 2007 02:33

i wanna have asian "all-you-can-eat" restaurants too. like good ones.

i could eat alot... A-L-O-T ... i once got kicked out of pizza hut cause they said i was eating too much... :? all you can eat is cool. and asian-food in general is pretty awesome, and a ll you can eat gives you the chance to check everything on the menu out... i´ll come visit you and we have an food tour throu town. :D:D:D:D:D
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 23 Dec 2007 16:40

Tom and I exchanged gifts this weekend. He got his on Friday and I got mine today.

My present is the BEST! I'm going to get so strong all over! RAWR!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!:

edit: I never said what they were.
I made Tom a set of 5 Ultrasuede juggling balls to his specifications. 14 panels.

He made me a set of parallettes.
My feet are off the ground in these L-sits. The shadow is a little hard to see.

My current goals are to learn to v-sit and tuck planche well on the parallettes. I also want to be able to do some L-sit push ups. It's sweet having a proper set now. Regular push-up bars aren't sized right for this. You can see a little push up bar in the back of the last picture that I've been using for the size comparison.
Last edited by Pengu on 23 Dec 2007 17:04, edited 3 times in total.
Pengpeng Du

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 23 Dec 2007 16:43

And I'm going to learn to juggle 5 balls! :)

I had alot of fun with you today Pengpeng, we're the best! :D

edit: cool pictures!! 8) :D

I am super jealous of your L sits, I totally can't do them yet. I think our tablatatatlaatalata stuff today will help with all that.

I need me some parallettes now too! :)
Last edited by mosher on 23 Dec 2007 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Mosher

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 23 Dec 2007 18:47

Lets play around doing those l stands at NYJ :) On the last day though because I know it will make me sore :oops:

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 24 Dec 2007 16:41

Merry Christmas fizzied!!
Pengpeng Du

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 27 Dec 2007 21:46

peng, i bought glow-in-the-dark black/neon yellow/ white airmax 90's today and i thought of you. i'm very impressed by your static L sits. i can't do them because i have tiny arms and big legs. my body is so asymetric and out of balance that my arms can't produce enough force and i just rotate forwards, haha. that or i have to cheat my hips backwards... yeah i cheat.

edit: p.s. Image
oh my god!!!!
A.G.

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 31 Dec 2007 16:21

Ice machine
:twisted:

Thanks to Matt and Tom for making Chicago such a wonderful trip despite everything.

I had a great time at NYJ.
Last edited by Pengu on 02 Jan 2008 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
Pengpeng Du

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 01 Jan 2008 11:30

I loved your cartoon of Senor Grommet from back in the day. Perhaps make one of NYJ - if you can ..ooh challenge We didn't talk much. More next time. Good to see you.

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 02 Jan 2008 00:20

Thanks Tom Coast-to-coast! I saw that you were constantly busy. I know what it's like to run an event. I hope you get some sleep soon. :)

Everyone else is writing their NYJ write ups. If ya'll are looking for a novel, you've come to the wrong place. Look in Jay's blog for the kind of write ups you used to get from Tom Mosher.

The weekend went by in a blur of activity and it was wonderful not having to leave the hotel for anything. I played a little on the first day on my two broken toes. It was alright, but that evening I fell on Matt Cross' guitar case... twice. It was real fun having that thing close on my foot. I was basically out of commission the rest of the weekend.

I got to kick the shuttlecock lots though. It was especially fun in the giant hack circle with Aidan since I love hanging out with that girl.

A highlight was being able to play a few games of magic at a footbag tournament. I felt kind of bad about the decks I brought though. I should have brought more Timmy funny decks.

Matt and Tom drove the route to and from Chicago very responsibly and safely. It's too bad we didn't realize the GPS was taking us on only non-toll routes, thus adding 3hrs to our trip both ways. I didn't realize this until halfway towards home. The drive wasn't so bad though. It's always nice to be in the company of Matt and Tom.

Lesson learned for next time. Do not to trust the GPS blindly.
Pengpeng Du