TwoZee's

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

TwoZee's

Post by Zjeezy » 09 Jan 2006 22:28

so i gave in and now I have a blog

since i got back from the nyj in chicago all i want to do is shred and all i ever think about is footbag. thanks to everyone who was there who provided encouragement because i feel like it has really helped my game going and getting to shred with other people.

so today i had a really hard session, i mean i was so sweaty that the tounge on my laver was wet becuase my socks had gotten that wet. but it all payed off, my string legnth is really coming along well. and today i really got the hang of flispide stepping sets. i have hit flip ripwalk a handful of times, today i just figured it out. hit some good bsos stuff today.

blur bsos
ripwalk bsos
sidewalk bsos
almost got blurry whirl bsos

p.s. i really got a play with my new mirken today and i plays amazing. i think that helped me hit a bunch of new tricks
now if i can just get my flipside pixie i would be a decent player.
Last edited by Zjeezy on 13 Apr 2009 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
zach jahner

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 09 Jan 2006 23:49

Hooray for people I met... that have the same name!
And...and... hooray for you making a blog!
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Re: fetusmaster > footbagmaster

Post by CIC flurry » 10 Jan 2006 08:59

fetusmaster wrote:so sweaty that the tounge on my laver was wet
That's the mark of a devoted styler 8)

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 10 Jan 2006 22:11

so i had another long session today and school flipside stepping once again

hit blur bsos again
hit sidewalk > ripwalk >side walk > ripwalk drop
also learned some fairy stuff
fairy mirage
fairy ss mirage
fairy ss whirl
fairy op whirl

i also hit assassin today for the first time

and i had a really nice long string that included ripwalk sidewalk and stepping ss mirage all bsos

but now my knee hurts so i dont know if im going to be able to play tommorow
zach jahner

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 12 Jan 2006 10:02

im going down to ann arbor to play with gf smoothie today, will post what happens after it does.
zach jahner

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 12 Jan 2006 10:03

Have fun. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 12 Jan 2006 12:42

do u and scott pearson live in the same city?

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 12 Jan 2006 14:09

scott and i live in different towns about 45 min from each other. im also about the same distance from greg.
zach jahner

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 12 Jan 2006 17:20

do u have anyone to kick w/ where u live? if not.. how the hell did u ever manage to get into freestyle? 8O

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 12 Jan 2006 21:48

well i went down to a2 today and met greg there. also adam keith showed up a nice suprise, i havent kicked with him in 2 years.

i didnt play so well today, but i did manage to learn stepping ps mirage. i almost got it on both sides. i also came close to bedwetter and stepping ss eggbeater. but my string length was weak

greg had some very long and super clean strings, he also hit

mobius and marius in the same string, they might have been back to back i forget.

adam hit
blurriest bsos
pdx torque > pdx torque

and adam also hit a bunch of other really good stuff but i dont know his game to well so i dont know what is good and what isnt for him. but it all looked good to me, i think i saw him trying skullsmasher. he has a really good style and looks very good playing. i hope i get to kick with him more
do u have anyone to kick w/ where u live? if not.. how the hell did u ever manage to get into freestyle? Shocked
there are a few people to kick with but they are all just shy of an hour away, so its kinda a drive for one of us to make it to another one.

as for how i got started. i just started kicking with some kids at school and learned basic tricks like mirage and atw from a kid who sorta freestyled. then i looked some stuff up on the internet found MFO (Michigan Footbag Organization) i signed up got a hold of greg and he showed me what true freestyle is.
zach jahner

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 14 Jan 2006 11:54

this morning i played for about 2 hours, i messed around with some spinning and some ducking stuff, and i really improved my string length even more. and the hightlight was me hitting flip blurry whirl, i also hit whirling rake.
zach jahner

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 15 Jan 2006 12:54

Can i make a suggestion? Just some constructive criticism.

At NYJ in the circles i played with you in, you usually went for a single trick or a single link. Howabout for the next month or two, dont try and hit any new tricks. Just spend your time shredding. Freestyle. Just do runs. That method really helped me get more consistent.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 15 Jan 2006 14:00

Imma do that too! Thanks Henry G ;)

Dat
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Dat » 15 Jan 2006 14:46

It was cool kicking with you in Chicago. Congrats on your win in sick trick.
Dat Phan
-

CL: openFrameworks

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 21 Jan 2006 19:23

thursday adam keith and i played for a few hours, adam hit some sick stuff, he hit pdx torque > pdx torque he also had some really long strings. i kicked decent, adam told me to try blurry torque and i footed it first try but i never got a seal. my string legnth is getting even better and now im trying to filter out the bops i tend to do often.

today while i was at work i had a screw go through my shoe and into my big toe and out the other side of my big toe. my shoe was screwed to my foot, and i had to go the emergency room to get it taken out. they had to unscrew it, literally and it hurt really bad. so now i cant flaw footbag for a while since there is a hole in my toe.
zach jahner

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 22 Jan 2006 10:21

fetusmaster wrote:today while i was at work i had a screw go through my shoe and into my big toe and out the other side of my big toe. my shoe was screwed to my foot, and i had to go the emergency room to get it taken out. they had to unscrew it, literally and it hurt really bad. so now i cant flaw footbag for a while since there is a hole in my toe.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
That's effing horrible! Where do you work? They didn't give you anesthesia at all? Ugh. I can't even imagine that.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 22 Jan 2006 12:18

i work at a place called whirlyball and its a party place, we are moving so thats why is was a mess and there where screws laying around. they where going to try and numb my foot but they couldnt get a needle in it becuase my shoe was screwed to my foot.
zach jahner

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 22 Jan 2006 18:18

What the 8O 8O
I thought Whirlyball was supposed to be a fun game :!: Not a "put a screw through my big toe" sort of game. Then again, I dont really know the rules of Whirlyball so...

BTW, Props on getting your game a lot better!!!!
You seem to be bustin phat!
When you say long strings, about how many contacts are we talking?
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 22 Jan 2006 18:31

well a long string for me is like 20 contacts but on average i usually get about 12 contacts, and i try to make them all unique
zach jahner

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 22 Jan 2006 18:33

word :D
BTW
when does a blind man know when to stop wiping his ass :?:
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson