New Years Jam 2007

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 21 Dec 2007 05:39

Yippeeeee!

Hype!

My rooming situation is worked out, btw. :)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 21 Dec 2007 21:02

To the stitchers donating bags for NYJ, please get the bags to me as soon as possible. I need to make sure we'll have enough prizes.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Just a reminder to those of you staying at LaRAZA
Reile and I have a small 2 bedroom apartment but we are more than willing to accommodate as many footbaggers as is practical to stay before and after the event. It's free to stay, we understand that money is real tight around the holidays. All we ask is that our guests follow a few simple rules.

1. NO FOOTBAGGING in the apartment. Please. It's an old building with thin walls and floors and we are on the third floor with neighbors directly below us and next door to us. Despite a few complaints from other neighbors about the noise we've made (when we host players) we are in good standing with our landlord and would like to keep it that way. We KNOW it's hard not play when hanging out with other kickers but there will be plenty of time for that at NYJ. We ask that you respect our neighbors and keep the noise at a minimum, particularly late at night.

2. Bring your own towels and sleeping bags. We simply do not have enough extra blankets and pillows to provide for everybody so please bring what you need to make your stay more comfortable. It can get cold at our place at night and we have no control of the thermostat.

3. There is a small open area in the back porch for cigarettes. Other than that there is no smoking in the apartment.

Thank you for reading, your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 21 Dec 2007 21:50

I might be one of those at LaRaza after the event!
Mathieu Gauthier

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 22 Dec 2007 09:03

Matt, Tom, and I need a place to say Thursday night! :? Someone able to help? Maybe La Raza will take us in Thursday? We didn't plan this right.

Zeke, I will bring a bag with me that will be donated. I doubt mail would even get it there in time.
Pengpeng Du

Zeke
Specific Islander

Staying @ LaRAZA

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 10:49

Check your pms.

Those staying at our place before the event:
Friday, we will be leaving LaRAZA around 9:15-9:30 am local time and head straight to the site. CIC will need to be around to run some event or something. We hope to finish any pre-event preparations the night before. There's a Target within walking distance of our place for any last minute needs and a grocery store within 15 minutes driving distance if any fresh food is needed.

The general plan for Friday morning is that we load up Reile's van with the big bulky bags and supplies (generally anything not needed at the site and is going straight into your respective rooms) and players with anything they need at the site will be cram into the remaining cars and we drive our happy footbag caravan to the hotel. Please plan/pack accordingly to help things run smoothly.

Reile and I have a small 2 bedroom apartment but we are more than willing to accommodate as many footbaggers as is practical to stay before and after the event. It's free to stay, we understand that money is real tight around the holidays. All we ask is that our guests follow a few simple rules.

1. NO FOOTBAGGING in the apartment. Please. It's an old building with thin walls and floors and we are on the third floor with neighbors directly below us and next door to us. Despite a few complaints from other neighbors about the noise we've made (when we host players) we are in good standing with our landlord and would like to keep it that way. We KNOW it's hard not play when hanging out with other kickers but there will be plenty of time for that at NYJ. We ask that you respect our neighbors and keep the noise at a minimum, particularly late at night.

2. Bring your own towels and sleeping bags. We simply do not have enough extra blankets and pillows to provide for everybody so please bring what you need to make your stay more comfortable. It can get cold at our place at night and we have no control of the thermostat.

3. There is a small open area in the back porch for cigarettes. Other than that there is no smoking in the apartment.

Thank you for reading, your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 22 Dec 2007 13:07

If I brought a MtG deck would anyone be up for a game or two?

I'm getting psyched up watching videos from last year :D
________
Mazda L platform history
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 07 Feb 2011 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 22 Dec 2007 14:14

I'm so down!

I'm the biggest dork.
Pengpeng Du

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 22 Dec 2007 14:53

So I realized I'm not sure about my ride from the airport, am I covered if I wait until Mathieu/others arrive?

Also, since MTG was brought up, I don't feel as corky encouraging someone to bring a scrabble set! I'd bring one but I don't have one.
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 22 Dec 2007 15:07

Since Brian says he builds decks of no particular format, how about we just say it's a free for all? No power nines. No restrictions on cardpool. 60 card minimum decks. Restricted and banned lists still apply.

I also like scrabble.
Pengpeng Du

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 22 Dec 2007 16:02

Attending list is updated.

I'll bring the oranges, Peng. :)
I'll bring LCR again. I don't have scrabble.

Weather: The snow just melted today because it's 50 degrees! yay. But big cold coming back - High 20's to Low 30's (about 1 degree C) expected. We'll be inside almost the whole time though.

Phone numbers: PM me your number, especially airport people. I'll likely have a phone during the event, and I'll post that number when I get it. Or maybe you can just post your number here so everyone at the event has it , and I can make a list.

Airport Ride
: All those arriving on the 27th have a ride. I still need to work out the pick up times. All terminals are connected at O'Hare. You can walk between 1, 2, and 3. And a tram connect all of them. I'm going to have everyone meet up at terminal 1 by the baggage claim. O'Hare map

Public Transport from airport: O'Hare Blue Line to Jackson stop, walk 3 blocks east to michigan, take #3 King drive bus to front door of Hyatt hotel.

Car directions, metra direction, cta directions

Stairs to the event

Holy frick! has anyone seen streetview mode on Google maps?!

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 19:32

I do believe Reile has a deluxe turntable Scrabble game in his room. And a guitar. And Magic cards. He's so dreamy.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 Dec 2007 19:36

Reile?
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 19:38

Reile?
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 Dec 2007 19:42

reile?
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 19:44

that reminds me, I got one of THE best wake up calls from a J. O'Mirken once...
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 Dec 2007 19:46

i thought it was a wake up "job" ?

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 19:48

I thought no one else knew...
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 Dec 2007 19:51

i took the little asian lady's shift that morning, i was under your bed

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 22 Dec 2007 19:52

Once I get my cow, you can take a vacation
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 22 Dec 2007 19:59

hopefully its not just JO mirken in a cow costume