Z's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Z's Footblog

Post by Z on the rocks » 21 Oct 2006 11:34

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wasn't able to play much today due to the bad weather and wind. Though fo little while I played I managed around 25 consecutive inside hits off my right foot. Thats not much compared to some of you more advanced shredders. After that I completed my first back stall to clipper.

Z

EDIT: I just landed my first stall on my shoulder and one on my head. I'm gonna go for a toe stall now along with going for 50 consecutive hits.
Last edited by Z on the rocks on 21 Oct 2006 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 21 Oct 2006 14:39

Welcome to the forum. :-)

How many alternating inside kicks can you do?
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 21 Oct 2006 18:28

Not really sure yet i guess i never really tried (lol). That sounds kind of dumb. i'll try tommorow.

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 23 Oct 2006 12:40

Monday October 23, 2006

Played only for a few minutes today. Nothing to special happened, tried for a toe stall a couple of times. I guess I'm so attuned to hit the bag instead of let it in. I'm gonna try and break myself of that. Found a sweet pair of Lavers, but I'm still debating whether to buy them or not, are they really worth it? I also though tabout trying to stitch. I'm going to look into a little more before i go out and by a bunch of materials.

Z
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
Barefoot...it's the only way.
Pyroman294 wrote:I just have one request. Kick my ass.
Blizzy wrote:My budde dave thinks all you footbaggers are granaoloa eating long-hairs...
FOOTBLOG

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 23 Oct 2006 13:15

lavers are VERY worth it i recommend getting them as soon as possible

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 24 Oct 2006 12:05

The lavers are the only way to get good(in my opinion)
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 24 Oct 2006 15:19

Tuesday October 24, 2006

Finally...I landed my first Toe Stall. When I first hit it while I was just messing around in my room then I had to go outside and try some more. I think I landed it around 30x. I'm so pumped. After a while I pretty much mastered it. Then I did a Toe Stall to a Dex, then a Toe Stall to Clipper, and finally a Toe Stall to Outside then Duck.

Z
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
Blizzy wrote:My budde dave thinks all you footbaggers are granaoloa eating long-hairs...
FOOTBLOG

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 25 Oct 2006 18:12

Wednesday October 25, 2006

Practiced my stalls all day long. Tried a few left footed stalls...worked twice. Played a ton on my own. Nobody likes bag in my area.

Suckers.

They are totally missing out. I saw those shoe called Quantams...mmmmm-tasty...I want those BAD. Especially in black. Cooler if they were in GREY...yum...GREY.

I'm totally going to shred a ton tommorow.

May The Force Be With You,

Z
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 27 Nov 2006 18:51

My new shred schedule.
2-3 Days a week.

Warm Up

High Knees
Butt Kickers
Karaoke
Lunges
Sprints
Leg Stretches
Groin Stretch
Crunches
Push-Ups
Ab Stretch

WORK ON

Clipper Kick
1 add Kick the footbag with the inside surface of the foot with the kicking leg tucked behind the support leg. [xbd]

Dragonfly Kick
2 adds Pass a leg over the footbag from in to out then jump and kick the footbag with the inside surface of the support leg. E.g., bring the left leg over the footbag from in to out. Now jump off the right leg and kick the footbag with the inside surface of the right foot and land on this leg. [dex] [bod]

Fairy
2 adds TOE > SAME OUT [DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]

From a toe delay- circle the footbag from out to in and catch on the toe of the support leg.
[dex] [del]

Flapper
2 adds A cross body sole kick. Easiest with the knee pointing straight down and hit earlier than other kicks. [xbd] [uns]

Illusion
2 adds SET > OP OUT [DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]

From a toe or a clipper delay, set the bag straight up about waist high. As you plant your set leg, bring your support leg up and over the bag from out to in (a reverse miraging motion). Plant the dexterity leg and catch the bag on the toe of the setting foot.
[dex] [del]

Leg Over*
2 adds SET > OP OUT [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]

Pass the support leg over the footbag and catch on a delay. E.g., from a left toe stall, hop off the right leg and bring it over the top of the footbag and catch it on a right toe delay.
[dex] [del]

Mirage*
2 adds SET > OP IN [DEX] > OP TOE [DEL]

From a toe delay or a clipper delay, set the bag straight up, and swing the support leg from in to out over the footbag, catching it with the setting leg on a toe delay. The set from a clipper delay is easier once you know how to do a clipper. Note: with a toe-set mirage, the support leg has to first swing under, then back over the bag!
[dex] [del]

Cool Down

4 Minute Jog
Leg Stretches
Ankle Stretches
Groin Stretches
Holly Woods
Ab Stretch
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 27 Nov 2006 20:16

Z on the rocks wrote:Holly Woods
what is that? does it involve hulk hogan?

youre very organized. its good that you have goals planned. it seems goal setters get to the top faster... but i dont set goals ...

you should try sameside mirages. those are fun. and maybe work on pixies?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 27 Nov 2006 22:18

Z on the rocks wrote:Monday October 23, 2006
Found a sweet pair of Lavers, but I'm still debating whether to buy them or not, are they really worth it?
Z
Hey man, welcome to modified!

Before I bought Laver's I was using track shoes with a nice toe and side. After getting the Laver's it was literally like I started over new and could hit things immediately.

I suggest you go on footbag.org and try to find someone else near you that plays. Playing with someone else is such a help and motivation.

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 28 Nov 2006 12:30

Sorry that is a typo it is supposed to be Hollywoods.

A Hollywood is were you sit on the floor with one leg extended and flat on the ground then you cross the other leg over the extended leg and place you foot flat on the ground, after that you take the elbow from your extended leg side and place it on the bent leg's knee. You then attempt to look over your shoulder as you push your elbow on your knee.

It stretches your glutes you back and shoulder along with your neck.

-Z-

PS : I'm looking into these I have heard they shred well.
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 02 Dec 2006 20:00

I jammed my toe yesterday and I found out that it isn't broken just bruised really bad. I can't really play right now because my friend lost my bag so I'm gonna just go out and buy a new one form MC Sports. I need something to shoot for so could any of you send me some challenges or anything liek that to improve my game. Thanks.

-Z-
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 02 Dec 2006 20:01

get a freedom sand bag ;)

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 02 Dec 2006 20:22

I don't want to go through the hassle of buying online when I can go to MC and get a decent bag. I'm probably going to get a crocheted bag too just for old times sake. I <3 Crocheted Bags. I played with one the other day and it felt really good to go back.

-Z-
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

Z on the rocks
Shredalicious

Post by Z on the rocks » 04 Dec 2006 18:15

I got a replacement bag until I can find my bag or pick a new one up. It's a Duncan Spider 6-panel and it is a piece of shit. The filler is crap, the stitching is already falling apart and the leather is this really thin and slippery. Atleast I'm going to The Who concert tommorow night. I can't wait to go. I didn't play to much today my toe was aching and the abscence of a decent back hindered by ability to play even more.

-Z-
Zack Harrison
SRITSOACP
FOOTBLOG

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 04 Dec 2006 18:54

those bags that you can buy at common stores suck, take it from me, ive been playing well over a year now, the best bags from freestyle are pretty much only online (unless you can find mr.s in some stores, which sometimes happens).

I know the guys personally who make EVER single mister. They live 10 minutes from me, the also kick with what they make.

the people who make them are...

Jim Penkse:
One of the best freestylers in the world (IMO) and definately one of the top in the U.S.

Daryl Genz:
Hes a doubles world champion, and he still playes ALOT of footbag ( he more or less an og of footbag ;) )

im just trying to help you progress, with the right equipment, if you dont want to take my advice, cool, but if not. Follow your own path young grasshopper ;)