Totoro footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 13 Nov 2011 03:54

Footbag is going well. I am just before starting a session. I'm very busy these days, had a feeling that I don't have enough time for all the things I care about, but now I don't think it so.
I have a very nice girlfriend again (shit, one year was a way longer break than I originally planned), which is very nice but takes a lot of time. Since the whole thing happened totally spontaneously, I had to get used to a new daily routine which included a lot of time spent with her, but now it's fine.
Todays will be the 4th session of the week, which isn't too bad eighter. I work on my style a lot, want it to be relaxed and also my flow and variety needs some improvement. Basically I want my style looking good.
I don't exactly know yet how the Austrian Champs will be, but it motivates me a lot. Last year I sucked big times in circle contest. I don't say I could have beaten Ilja, but I played rather weak compared to my averange level. Well, that will change this year. After hearing that some czech players will also come and seeing Alex shredding I don't think I'll win AFC or get second again, but I still want to compete as hard as I can.
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 11 Dec 2011 16:40

Well, the Austrian Champs is over. It was very nice, thanks for the organizers again (and again and again and again... :) ). It was pretty much inspiring to see so many good players. This year the world champions from the Czech Republic visited the event as well as 3 other young titans from the same country. Felt like I need to work harder if I ever want to win Todexon :P
The most surprising thing that happened on the first evening was that I made it into finals. There were like 8 players far better than me, so I was like okay, I'll try to execute a good routine and see if it will be enough or not. Well, it was. I had one drop and my artistic was a little weak as well, but overall I think it was okay.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHWx65aK ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

That night was pretty hard, and we didn't really sleep enough. Next day was also nice, but it could have been even better if I wasn't that tired. My shred was worse than last year, around 140 points or so. Anyway, we formed some very nice shred circles after that, played like 2 hours long. It was hardcore, I mean if I had sessions like that one everdy day, I may would be better in footbag. I wasn't satisfied with my final routine eighter; it was more artistic but kind of one-sided, with 4 drops as I remember. Well, at least I tried. The party after that was crazy, I never danced to dnb before, it was cool :)

All in all it was a great event, truly the highest level of footbag and organizing, with nice people as always. I love to meet new and new members of our international community (like Tom Kosatos, Hania, Dominik, etc.) and beeing part of it. I won't miss it next year! :wink:
Tilly Tamás

mr.alex
BSOS Beast

Post by mr.alex » 17 Dec 2011 09:12

hey tamas, I'm glad you liked the event :) too bad I didn't have more time to speak and shred with you.
thanks again for the bag, I really like the colors and I will shred hard with it!
Alexander Trenner
footbag-vienna - feel the spirit

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 18 Dec 2011 01:01

Highlights of 2 indoor sessions:
pixie drifter bs :roll:
mini rubberman first try (ripwalk>blur>legbeater>rpt.)
phoenix> pdx torque
plasma
pdx blender ALMOST bsos

there were some other things as well, but like I used to, I've totally forgotten them.
Tilly Tamás

AbelFarkas
Shredalicious

Post by AbelFarkas » 18 Dec 2011 06:19

Congrats!

I can't wait to shred with you again! I hope we can play a lot in january! 8)

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 31 Dec 2011 02:53

Shit, I hate ankle injuries!!!! I twisted it 11 days ago, but it wasn't that serious at all, I could walk home on it, and a week later I danced on it like 2 hours long in a goa party. But shit, I still CAN NOT strain it enough while doing clipper stalls :x :x The most akward moment is when you got enough energy and motivation for a hardcore session, but you still cannot play.
I'll try to heal myself as fast as I can since I deadly want to play.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 08 Jan 2012 01:36

Hm, ankle feels much better.
2 days ago I had a very nice session with Ábel in a nice gym we love to play in. There wasn't any kind of highlight-hunting, only shred for fun :)
I'd still mention 3 stuff:
infinity swirl bsos
pixie whirl> food processor
blurry whirl> pdx blender (other side)
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 07 Feb 2012 13:23

I like collecting shred highlights before posting so my posts get more footbag-related. I don't mean my personal life is not deadly interesting, though.
I'm still a lazy fag and only play like 2 times a week, but I really like all of the sessions. Maybe I save more energy between them or something.
Today I also had a nice session with Grek. He was in a good shape as well, had a string started with a janiwalker and included spinning pdx whirl>scorpion's tail>mobius. Wow.
Here I list some of the highlights mentioned above (including the previous sessions'):

blurry whirl>sidewalk>rpt.
ducking butterfly>barrage>paradon>rpt.
ducking butterfly>blur>tripwalk>rpt.
blurry whirl>bedwetter
That's all I remember now. I still have plans to play way more. I hope I'll succeed.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 12 Feb 2012 12:27

Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 22 Feb 2012 23:14

Lol, 22222 views :D
New trick: fairy reverse swirl.
New record: opp osis x 32.
Tilly Tamás

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Feb 2012 07:51

Just wanted to chime in to say two things:

1. I like your drills and combos. I think I might borrow some. Good work on the bothsidedness especially.

2. That cat is crazy!

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 20 Mar 2012 23:39

Hey footblog!
Like everybody around me, I became ill as well. Being ill definetly sucks big times. I'm likely healthy now, but it took more than 3 weeks.
Anyway, who cares? It's finally spring here in Hungary, the dark, cold winter is over. The sun is shining for like 5 days, and it's getting warmer every day.
For that reason, we started to kick outdoors :D As usual, I don't play as much as I should, but most of the sessions are awesome, like it was yesterday with Grek. Let me list some highlights:

phoenix>bedwetter>rpt. - First fearless drill, fuckyea! :D
same with a blurry whirl at the end - 2nd 4 contact unique fearless
blurry whirl>bedwetter on flipside
tomahawk>stepping far legover (just because of the link)
some nice ripped warriors on bs (hm, me hitting ripped warrior bsos? maybe :P )
28 ripwalks. Could have reached 30, my previous record was 27 :oops:

At the end of the session I tried to hit 20 contact unique tripless, but only got like 12 contacts. Tomorrow we're going to play again, we'll see :D
Grek was also a beast yesterday, hit qyro barroque pretty clean, and footed food processor> maelstorm a few times. Mindblowing link.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 26 Mar 2012 08:59

It is outdoor season, since Grek and me had a great outdoor session today. The weather couldn't have been better to play some footbag.
Highights:
pixie ss eggbeater x 7
spinning far swirl bsos (second one was kind of heel stalled, but still :D )
TomTilly wrote:
Grek was also a beast yesterday, footed food processor> maelstorm a few times. Mindblowing link.
This time he hit it. Just for me. ^.^
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 17 Apr 2012 23:44

What a nice session we had. Tompi got back into shred after breaking his ankle, hope he'll recover fast and easy. Shredding with him and Grek makes me feel like a rockstar. Truly inspiring.
Yesterday's session was pure shred, with 2 highlights:
ss eggbeater x 10
and a new move: blurrage. Grek witnessed it, he said it was okay.

After more than a month without rain, we have a rainy weather for like 2 weeks. I miss sunshine a bit, hope to play more outdoor.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 07 Jul 2012 23:53

Well, I always want to collect several shred highlights before posting here, but after 2 days I forget all the shit. I also didn't want to write posts like 'it was a good session, I shredded like a freak, no highlights actually'. I guess this was the main reason for not posting anything in the last 3 months.
Footbag is going on, though. 2 days ago I hit alpine blurry whirl, and felt like I have to share this one with modified. Same thing with plasticman drill.
Of course I don't remember any other good stuff, but still. Maybe I should write it down somewhere.
Tilly Tamás

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Jul 2012 02:38

props for alpine blurry whirl. I always forget what plastic man is.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 08 Jul 2012 15:22

Wow. I hadn't seen your blog for a long time, like since you started!! It seems like playing with Grek has really paid off?? I'm loving the eggbeaters! Nuts stuff! Video?

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 17 Jul 2012 08:03

A nice solo session just happened today.
highlights: scorpion's tail bsos finally!!
and 2 nice links: phoenix>spikehammer, which also means my first flip spikehammer 8) & far swirl>blur.

@Tom: plasticman is barfly>barrage>paradon>rpt.
@Eric: I plan to make a video with only tripless runs. Maybe it won't be as much impressive as fearless Phil, but still.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Re: Totoro footblog

Post by TomTilly » 26 Jul 2012 09:37

Today's session was a bit rainy. My laver and my bag did not seem to be wet at the end, surprisingly.
I got two nice new stuff:
Ripped warrior bsos
mantis bsos.
Fuck yea, really.
Tilly Tamás

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Re: Totoro footblog

Post by TomTilly » 20 Sep 2012 01:58

Today I dreamed that Vasek taught me flip diving clippers. For that reason, I had to play some footbag in the forenoon. Usually I hate to do sports in the forenoon, but this time it was different. I listened to Dropkick murphys and practiced my routine I want to preform at the Austrian Champs. Last year wans't that glorious as expected, so this year I want to show some good shit to the crowd. My plan is to do 2 hardcore routines with tonns of big tricks and as less drops as possible.
At the end of my session I hit a perfect Fusion as a new trick. Fuckyea!!!
Tilly Tamás