The power of a mindset?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
jay7
Flower Child

The power of a mindset?

Post by jay7 » 02 May 2008 17:03

Hey Modified.

I have thought lately that, in order to get muscle memory at it's finest I should play every single day. For the last year and a half, I have played maybe 5 out of 7 days of the week, just for the sake of homework, or whatnot. I figure, take 30 minutes out of the two days I wouldn't play, do some light and basic drills from the days before, and then just have a refreshing session.

Today was the shortest of my sessions, at 25 minutes, and I had astonishing results. I went into my basement saying "I need to hit this this and this drill, in 30 minutes and then I'll shower". I hit those drills, other ones, and felt pretty decent. It almost felt more confident than a normal, 1.5-2:00 hour shred session. While I did 1/10th the trick variety etc, the drills I did were just solid.

This leads me to think,

-Have any of you experienced players found that, if you head down with a mission to hit one thing and one thing only, you will hit it sooner and better than if you go to your session with a list of things to work on?

I hope people will understand the question, if not I'll try and restate it any way possible.
Jay Boychuk

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 02 May 2008 19:31

I had a relatively similar experience. A few days ago I was just blowing off some steam for ten to fifteen minutes and I just wanted to hit something different to make myself happy. I ended up hitting my first decent spinning clipper and my first clipper set ducking clipper (i'd always kinda cheat and just set from my toe). So yeah, betterish results in shorter time
John Goode

Shadoelement
Circle Kicker

Post by Shadoelement » 04 May 2008 08:35

i think it varies. Sometimes ill go out and focus on just 1 trick and improve it a lot. Other times ill keep trying one trick but it'll just bug the heck out of me so i try some other stuff.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 25 May 2008 17:10

i think just doing the same trick over and over again till you hate the trick will be the best memory... (on both sides...ofcourse)

cause you will find yourself doing it so much, that it will be like cake when you do it when your fully energized...