Reid Resurrected

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

Will Reid hit food> blurrywhirl repeat by the end of the week?

Poll ended at 11 Apr 2010 20:09

yes
100%

Total votes: 7

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 20 Jul 2010 19:58

Thanks guys... I'm sorry I doubted you. Ken I look forward to playing with you as well and... cowpies is a legit word!!! I haven't read that comic yet but I will try to find it. I need an illustrator for my comic. My artistic abilities, as superb as they may be, would probably not lure any interested readers. Until I find an illustrator the story is top secret.

I played in one of my usual spots today; the quiet squash court in the basement of the universities fitness center. As expected about twenty percent of the time, someone who wanted to play squash came to claim the court from me. I never mind switching to a racquetball court, even though then I have to deal with the neighbors ball slamming against the wall (ooh the headache), but I put up a fight today.
I was just about to start working on my routine when I noticed the door to the quart was opening. I went clipper to far legover to hand catch as I watched a young man carrying a racquet enter through the door with his buddy not trailing to far behind. I approached them while removing the headphone in my right ear. " What's going on guys?"
The first man replied nonchalantly, "Get out. We're going to play squash."
"Did you reserve the court?" I replied.
"The courts open were going to play."
"No, I'm playing here."
"This is a squash court for playing squash. You can play hacky sack and listen to your music in the hallway. We need to play here."
"Can't you use one of the other courts?"
"There in use, this is the court we're using."
Again I asked, "Do you have it reserved?"
"Yes" the man lied.
"I don't believe you," I giggled at him.
"Well if you want to be a jerk about it we can go upstairs and reserve it."
"Me be a jerk about it. All you guys needed to do was say " do you mind moving so we can play squash?" but..."
"That's what I started off saying," the man interrupted. I gave him the raised eyebrow, raised opposite cheek look that says "that's bullshit and you know it."
He realized his tactics would need to change if he wanted to get the court anytime soon and responded " alright, I'm sorry for being rude in asking to get the court."
"Apology accepted." I stood still for about two beats.
"... and do you mind moving so we can play squash."
"Sure." I picked up my things and went to the nearby racquet ball court. No one was playing next door and it was quiet.

EBE9
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 20 Jul 2010 20:36

Props on nice conversation :)
Nikita Aleksandrov

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 20 Jul 2010 20:39

Haha, nice story. I've done something similar to what those people did to you to people playing tennis on a racquetball court, just more angry.

I'm going to school for Illustration, by the way. ;)
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 20 Jul 2010 23:31

I would've cut that motherfucker

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 21 Jul 2010 11:09

:lol:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jul 2010 16:36

I was really really hoping your response to that jerk would have been:
Reid should have wrote: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Rockey
Shredalicious

Post by Rockey » 22 Jul 2010 09:16

FTB Resurrected!
Hey Reid, now that I'm a married man I've begun to footbag again. So I'm afraid you can't call yourself the sole survivor of FTB anymore. :wink:
-Will Rockey-

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 22 Jul 2010 09:48

Holy Shit. Rockey is ALIVE!!!!!
zach jahner

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 22 Jul 2010 13:45

Holy shit is right!!!! I new he was alive though.

Awesome Will. I'm glad to hear marriage has revived the footbagger inside of you. Are you still in California? What is the new bride and groom to do next? Are there plans for little Rockeys on the way?

If so I call teaching them how to swim.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 12 Aug 2010 20:02

Worlds write up stream no order

Get off plane. Talk to Bart guy about me looking and sounding like Stalon, not rocky though... Rambo. Walk down oakland street and guy tells me he found some weed in his pocket though he thought he was traveling clean. I asked him if that was a good thing. "Oh yeah." He gave me directions to the hotel a block away. Open your eyes. Enter lobby and wait two minutes. Polish crew roles in of, if i remember correctly, the Ostrowski bros and Rafael. I ask them if they were the finn crew knowing well enough they were not finnish. Hehe. Followed them to their room. Very quiet... some polish words exchanged probably "who the hell is this gringo." Finally one of the says "we are going to shred." Followed them to the gym. Marcin and Gosia already shredding hard with what i remember to be damian but maybe not. I was very impressd with all the polish crew except NOrek because he was just watching. I figured he was injured. JOhn scheieder was there too. We talked of old times. Still an awesome duude. Finnished the shred. Took twenty minute break and then shredded with David, James, Matt, Annssi. Always impressed with david. Wow'd by matts consistency, james is just titties, Annssi!!! Triple dex machine. Goofed around with Eric Chang.. in the footbag sense. NIght blurred until the next day. Woke up helped steve setup. Met up with Will Rockey!!! Circle comp with some excellent people. Daniel Boyle the jive talking fast walking Australian, Manna mmmhmm MPepeester and my bunk mate, and Toni I have a 6 beastly combo packed in my shorts some where pakonnenenenenennen. All really cool guys got a chance to talk wiht each one of them a good bit. Second in circle. I'm not going to lie I really wanted to advance through so I sort of moped around and eventually I mopped myself up and went down to shred my frustration away. Not only that But I shredded my legs away too. Saw abunch of cool people. Aaron Orton can still play footbag. Somemorning went to go see net and got real lost. Ended up climbing a statue though. Cory allen, James matt, Myself asked some girl for directions and she was like I'm lookin for footbag too and then she ignored us. And then she called some one on the phone and was like Mother f@#cker I don't know where the Sh#t I am PIss Cu$t co$% etc. then Jeremey Mirken picked her up in a car. Nori. PLayed some net with Cory allen. Met Dylan fry. I'm not sure about this one.. just kidding he's super cool. Truste Matt kemmer with some money (always a good idea). Finished net. Did real poor at routine. Steve made some witty comment about why they keep saying " no more pad thai" in the song. Didn't appreciate it at the time, but now am like wow steve wow. I think Eric filmed it. Aye. Though tom was not missing in action the whole tournament I'm going to say that he was and I gave him props for it. Ate dinner at the pub with The Aussies Caroline and Dan, the red rocket phillip, and zee German Marco. Bratwurst platter ummm. With the Aussies, New Zealanders and Germans I didn't need to struggle for conversation. All super great people. Got some great advice on eclipses from Ian Brill and got to talk with him for a bit. Ken and the Japanese syndicate invaded the high stakes poker game. It was a pleasure to meet all of you. Ken's alright too I guess :D I will never play cards with Barrett, Tuuka, or Milan again. Barret and Tuuka because they are too good and Milan because he is Milan. Hey props again on winning routines buddy. Ate dinner with Ben Matheuigh ianek Dale TIm James. Got to understand a little bit about what makes everyone tick. Talked with drew Martin a bit. Talked with Toni and Tanja at the pool. Zeb and I shredded. That kid is getting really good. Drank some really good beers with Evean Lovely and Luis Manhollon two really cool dudes. Shredded one night with Evan and Jeff not to mention ate breakfast and shared a room. This is the second event were I shared a room with those two and I'm still under the opinion that they are awesome. Taylor was the best doubles foursquare partner I ever had. Hanna put up with me asking her about all my polish words, is super sweet makes amazing footbags and plays amazing footbag. We should go into buisness together. Potato. SZymon is real funny and smart. I look forward to seeing as many of the polish crew as aI can in a few months when I visit. Ianek and Sebastian Dominated me in 2 square . The score didn't show that, but I think they were taking it easy on me. Enjoy the shoes Cale. NIck Landis gave me one of the best massages I ever had and he can play footbag pretty well too. I think we had a connection as well at this tournament, one I thought was lacking at U.S. last year. David Clavens still inspiring people to play footbag and push their game. I know I'm inspired. Props on wining the events you did and being the best freestyler there has ever been. Vasek it was nice to finally get enough nerve to talk to you. I even kept it cool enough to give him a beer. I wish you shredded more. Honza, I will work my style. I wish you shred more too, but when you did you were tearing it up. Jim I dind't really get to talk with you, but you shred hard. Tim it is always great to see you, and you inspired me to learn some chess strategy. I've played 17 times since our last match. Anssi and Tuuka thanks for the words at the end of the tournament. Finland is going to kick ass. Already saving money.

I'm sorry for my lack of proof reading.

I apologize if I left anyone or any event out. Somethings I left out to protect parties involved, others my memory is just not that sharp. I do want to thank everyone who made it though. this tournament would not have been so great with out the presence of everyone. I love you all. In the friendly use of the term of course.

Sessioned yesterday
Hit the swirling spinning inside thing 30 times or so each side. BSOS a few times. Had some nice long runs. .

EBE10

P.S. Special thanks to Manna for snuggling up with me. GRRRR.

Reid Strellner

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 12 Aug 2010 20:50

I like the writeup. You played really well in the circle contest, it was tough only one person going through.

Awesome to meet you also. See you in Finland. Yeahhhh.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 Aug 2010 22:39

We didn't hang much at worlds. See you soon homie. Wanna come with to visit Zach?? Lemme know when you're free, um after moving :-D

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 27 Sep 2010 14:40

The Urban Warbler

I left my apartment to go buy some nails to hang a painting. While walking down Irving Park towards the hardware store I was surprised to find a green and yellow warbler hopping about. The warbler didn't seem right to say the least. Making no effort to fly away as I approached it, it hopped about beneath my feet. I presented the bird with my foot for a perch. There was no response. I gingerly pushed my foot up against the breast of the bird and coaxed it on. I tried to walk a few steps with the bird on my foot, but it lost balance and fell while flapping its wings. Some passerby laughed at the bird and myself as they walked by. I tried to explain that the bird wasn't acting right, but in a city pedestrian manner they kept on walking. The bird was again presented with my foot and this time I managed to get the bird off to the side on the ledge of a store. I figured it had just hit a window and needed some time to recover, if it was still there when I returned with the nails I would try and do something further.

I purchased my nails, and headed back to the bird. I was about a block away when I saw a blond haired young man watching a small dot hoping across the street one little hop at a time. It was the warbler. I was getting closer and the warbler much to my surprise took off in struggled flight. The flight didn't last long and the warbler found itself in the middle of irving park road. I would like to say that the bird found its bearings before being crushed and having its viscera splattered over the newly constructed pavement by a business woman driving an SUV on her way home form work, and then repeatedly compressed into the pavement by further traffic, but I cannot say that.

The world began with Adam and eve. Upon eating the forbidden fruit they became aware that they were naked and of good and evil. The warbler has not eaten the forbidden fruit and still remains naked and unaware. Poor little warbler.

EBE 11

Reid Strellner

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 27 Sep 2010 15:17

The Urban Warbler

I left my apartment to go buy some nails to hang a painting. While walking down Irving Park towards the hardware store I was surprised to find a green and yellow warbler hopping about. The warbler didn't seem right to say the least. Making no effort to fly away as I approached it, it hopped about beneath my feet. I presented the bird with my foot for a perch. There was no response. I gingerly pushed my foot up against the breast of the bird and coaxed it on. I tried to walk a few steps with the bird on my foot, but it lost balance and fell while flapping its wings. Some passerby laughed at the bird and myself as they walked by. I tried to explain that the bird wasn't acting right, but in a city pedestrian manner they kept on walking. The bird was again presented with my foot and this time I managed to get the bird off to the side on the ledge of a store. I figured it had just hit a window and needed some time to recover, if it was still there when I returned with the nails I would try and do something further.

I purchased my nails, and headed back to the bird. I was about a block away when I saw a blond haired young man watching a small dot hoping across the street one little hop at a time. It was the warbler. I was getting closer and the warbler much to my surprise took off in struggled flight. The flight didn't last long and the warbler found itself in the middle of irving park road. I would like to say that the bird found its bearings before being crushed and having its viscera splattered over the newly constructed pavement by a business woman driving an SUV on her way home form work, and then repeatedly compressed into the pavement by further traffic, but I cannot say that.

The world began with Adam and eve. Upon eating the forbidden fruit they became aware that they were naked and of good and evil. The warbler has not eaten the forbidden fruit and still remains naked and unaware. Poor little warbler.

EBE 11

Reid Strellner

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 27 Sep 2010 22:49

what an awesome story!
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 25 Feb 2011 00:11

Wow! i can't believe this bog was only on page two. Go check on wine and cheese in journeys to tourneys!

EBE 12

Reid Strellner

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 01 Jun 2011 10:40

Hey!! So the weather in chicago has finally started to be consistently nice and after a six month hiatus, I've been playing everyday for the past week or so. I've mainly been playing with Nathan or Solo and just trying to reestablish all the basics. I have been working on doing double legovers more frequently out of sets during my solo sessions.

Anyways it feels good to be back. I hope everyone is doing wonderfully. Now go play some footbag.

Reid Strellner

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 07 Jun 2011 09:00

I woke up today saying that I could hit superfly and I did! Excitement! Excitement! Excitement!

Dream. Believe. Achieve.

EBE 14

Reid Strellner

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 07 Jun 2011 19:38

Gyeah. Glad to see that you are rising from the ashes, like a phoenix. Except that there aren't any ashes, really. So you're just rising in a general way. Like an escalator. An escalator with a mean footbag game.

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 08 Jun 2011 07:55

Reid "The Escalator" Strellner
zach jahner