Rolled ankles

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 03 Mar 2007 16:34

I rolled my ankle on Thursday.

The pain lasted for a day then went away.

Ankles of STEEEL!!

Muahahahahaa

:roll:
Jorden Moir

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Mar 2007 17:06

Don't forget to stretch and ice, jorden! we need those ankles busting phat new tricks for as long as possible! ;)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 10 Mar 2007 15:27

This has been bugging me a lot, but I feel A LOT of pain from my Achilles tendon, or the back portion of my ankle. It hurts a lot whenever I point my toes forward, and sometimes whenever I crank. Is there no treatment for this type of thing?

I sprained my ankle around the first or second week of October last year, and so far this is the only part of my ankle that hasn't healed completely.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

vettehunter123
Multidex Master

Post by vettehunter123 » 21 Mar 2007 23:05

I just rolled my ankle and my crank is surprisingly better! Well maybe not but it didn't hurt too bad. I guess it was only a minor roll. >.<
Travis Iden

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 30 Mar 2007 12:15

Rolled it yesterday and had to walk to my classes all day. Ouch >.<
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

jrstubs
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by jrstubs » 17 Apr 2007 02:48

Whats a rolled ankle? Isn't it just a sprain?

kyle
Shredaholic

Post by kyle » 18 Apr 2007 23:33

jrstubs wrote:Whats a rolled ankle? Isn't it just a sprain?
ya, a sprain to the outside ankle ligaments.

I tried some footbag trials a while back, and after falling down the stairs a dozen times, landing 5 foot drops on the side of my ankle, and laughing about it :wink: - I'm pretty much convinced that my ankles are made of titanium. :D Footbag + walking on the outside of your feet :wink: (lol, ya i do that on occasion) = no ankle worries. 8)

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 23 Apr 2007 05:40

Two rolled ankles in two weeks, both times it was my right ankle. The first one wasn't bad at all, I was up & kicking the next day, but the one I got on Saturday was pretty brutal. I've got an air cast, and I'm taking Ibufrofen. The doctor said it'll probably be ten days before I'm moving around normally again.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 23 Apr 2007 10:40

I walk on the outsides of my feet all the time, but I still feel the heat from ankle sprains whenever I get them. Maybe I should cut out trans fats from foods, since they cause inflamation of blood vessels I think.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 28 Apr 2007 08:55

I'm out of my air cast today, just walking around & seeing how that goes. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about recovering from a sprain? What to look out for as indicators that you aren't recovered yet? Anything would be helpful... Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well I'm back in the goddammed air cast. My ankle started to swell up again, so obviously I'm not as close to recovered as I was hoping to be.

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 21 May 2007 20:50

When people say rolled ankle they usually mean a strain. A strain is minor but if it continues to hurt you have to take it easy to let it heal. A Sprain is worse and your joint will be swollen and you definitely have to take it easy and use crutches for a few days.

Bagira
Shredaholic

Post by Bagira » 30 May 2007 16:46

Ugh. Sprained damned right ankle of mine today.

Session was just starting and I jump sideways to the right and land on the outside of the foot, followed by attempting to collapse on the ground, partially succeeding and shredding a tiny bit of my elbow on the pavement. Then what seems like a minute and a half of the most intense pain I've had in the last...5 years ensues and someone rushes to get ice and I find that the ankle in question has swollen to around...twice or thrice its normal size.

The thing is that I've also managed to drop a 2 pound metal flashlight on that same foot around 2 hours before the sprain occured and bending my toes upward hurt a bit. Now it's barely possible. Anyone got limited toe mobility as a result of a sprain too?

Going to one of them orthopedics tomorrow just in case.

it's strange that it's hurt so badly...I'm constantly walking and standing on the outsides of my feet and even jumping little bits to build strength. This is terrible...
Mikhail Bukhonko

Bagira
Shredaholic

Post by Bagira » 03 Jun 2007 19:56

The ankle in question is still swollen, but not as much as it was at first. There's a lot of bruising visible. Directly above and below the ankle, the blue/violets are concentrated while the rest of the foot is a sickly light green/yellowish.

As to mobility, I can move my toes now without any pain at all and move the foot up and down at ease. However twisting it sideways as per inside or clipper hurts. A LOT. I don't walk with a limp anymore, but walking still hurts a tiny bit. In any case, it doesn't feel natural.

I'm definitely seeing that orthopedist tomorrow...

It BETTER be fine a month from now...
Mikhail Bukhonko

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Jun 2007 06:09

I have started a thread about recovering from rolled ankles here:
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16555
it is going to be improved periodically.