Top Three Best Musical Acts You've Seen Live

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 13 Aug 2008 10:27

joshua dread wrote: Poison The Well
So sick and so violent! It helped that i saw them with Death From Above and Alexis On Fire
I saw PTW a few years ago. The Bled opened for them. When they played, both the singers came out and started spanking each other. Strange but kinda funny.
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 13 Aug 2008 17:56

I'm not sure if your joking about Prince or not, but it was awesome. I saw him in a huge open air venue with around 40 000 people so the energy of the crowd was intense. He played for like 2 1/2 hours so by the end of it i was sleeping in my tent listening to prince lull me to sleep haha.

To top it off the opening acts for Prince were Kraftwerk, Portishead and the Verve. The next night i saw the entire Dark Side of the Moon performed by Roger Waters! Such a sick weekend.

PTW is so fucked up haha, years ago they filled a thousand plus venue and spilt the crowd down the middle and made us charge at each other! My ribs still hurt!
Carlton Banks is in the building and about to throw down some serious sound!

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 14 Aug 2008 10:12

I have only ever seen 6 bands in concert. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Our Lady Peace, Might Mighty Boss Tones, U2 and Sean Lenon. All in Montreal.

And then last summer, the White Stripes came to Iqaluit. That was fucken nuts. Great show, awesome band.

The best were RHCP, MMBT and U2. MMBT was at a nice small club, so was OLP. My friend actually won VIP tickets online, we didnt have to wait in line and had a balcony over the main crowd.

Chili peppers, my GOD! Changed my life. They came out for a 30 min encore too. 7 or mins were the drummer and guitar player just jamming, and then out of no where, Anthony showed up and the lights and music went nuts for about 5 more songs. Fuck. Loved it.

My next goal is to be able to see the Strokes. And Snoop.
Eskimo Joe

DJ
Shredalicious

Post by DJ » 14 Aug 2008 17:20

Props for RHCP, Our Lady Peace, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I've always wanted to see all of them =/
My name is DJ and I am the king of the world

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 14 Aug 2008 21:23

Poison The Well are one of the best bands I've ever seen. They played the Big Day Out in 2004. When they were playing there was all this lightning coming down behind them, it was absolutely crazy.

Them playing with Alexisonfire would be so so so so good. I saw them a few years back when they were touring for Watch Out, and that was great also.

Lauri
Fearless

Post by Lauri » 26 Aug 2008 12:23

1. Trivium 8.5.2007 (The best moshpit I've ever been in)

2. Megadeth 4.2.2008 (Front row)

3. Killswitch Engage ?.10.2007 (second best moshpit)
Lauri Airinen

daLai
BSOS Beast

Post by daLai » 27 Aug 2008 03:58

1. Oceansize & Amplifier: two uk-based bands from Manchester. The both played 2 1/2 hours at Knust in Hamburg...Awesome shows, great sets...my favorite location.

2. The Mars Volta: after being really really disappointed at 2005's Frances The Mute tour because they only played 70 minutes - they showed their skills in 2008 with their new album... more than 2 hours of absolute progression with lots of jams and a great lightshow. saw them at Docks in Hamburg

3. The Fall of Troy: Right after Oceansize the best concert in 2007...They played at the Molotow in Hamburg. A really small venue with a great atmosphere if the band rocks. they sure did....I think I never enjoyed yelling the lyrics that much before =)
Simon Kittlaus aka 季士è

DJ
Shredalicious

Post by DJ » 07 Sep 2008 12:40

That sucks Volta only got to play 70 minutes
They must have been disappointed in only playing 3 songs
My name is DJ and I am the king of the world

daLai
BSOS Beast

Post by daLai » 08 Sep 2008 08:06

yes it was...but they played a bit more...

drunkship
cygnus
roulette dares
widow
take the veil
concertina

^^

saw dredg this week.....stunning performance!
Simon Kittlaus aka 季士è

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 15 Oct 2008 08:52

Smashing pumpkins, 08/08/08

Soulive

Bela Fleck and co.

I'm lucky because the jazz festival here every summer brings a lot of big name acts, like Medeski Martin Wood, John Scofield, Charlie Hunter.
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

eustoma
Hack Fiend

Post by eustoma » 01 Feb 2009 09:54

I don't think I can just pick 3, but here are some of my favorites:

Explosions in the sky
Islands/ some local band
of Montreal/MGMT/Grand Buffet
The Octopus Project
MGMT/Black Moth Super Rainbow/The Ting Tings
De Novo Dahl
Spoon/ The Ponys
Iron and Wine

jeez that's a lot
I'm so incredibly jealous of everyone who saw daft punk :D
henry rolnick

Tommy
The Green One

Post by Tommy » 14 Mar 2009 18:06

1 - Sonic Youth/ The Feelies - july 4th 08, free concert in battery park, and it was the best ive seen from them to date. Also the first time i heard the feelies...crazy rhythm....

2 - Television, it was another free concert in NYC, and it was especially important to me because it was the last time they played as a band. without richard lloyd tho :(

and 3 - Built to spill/Dino JR/Meat Puppets - also...another city show.....they all came back out at the end and had this incredible noise jam.
Tom Gartland

-Beacon Footbag Coalition-

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 14 Mar 2009 21:05

daLai wrote: 2. The Mars Volta: after being really really disappointed at 2005's Frances The Mute tour because they only played 70 minutes - they showed their skills in 2008 with their new album... more than 2 hours of absolute progression with lots of jams and a great lightshow. saw them at Docks in Hamburg
fuck you >:( jk but i would love to see them live

daLai
BSOS Beast

Post by daLai » 15 Mar 2009 07:57

:P

You live in the USA and haven't yet made it to see them? How come ?
I live in Germany and've seen them twice... Check the tourdates ;)

They are coming to Germany again this year for some festivals, but I won't be there....I think they are also going to tour the States again. Keep your eyes open, they'll surely come into a town near your home.
Simon Kittlaus aka 季士è

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 15 Mar 2009 18:12

Tommy wrote:1 - Sonic Youth/ The Feelies - july 4th 08, free concert in battery park, and it was the best ive seen from them to date. Also the first time i heard the feelies...crazy rhythm....
Man, I'd love to see The Feelies live.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 16 Mar 2009 12:28

1. Pearl Jam (1998)- The drummer is from Missoula. 311 opened. They played at our University Football Stadium which is across the street from a big mountain. I hiked the side of the mountain and watched for free. Great Performance
2. Tie between the Wailers (2002) and Rjd2 (2004)- Both were awesome. The Wailers included the crowd heavily, and Rjd2 moved and thumbed through records faster than I thought humanly possible. And the openening act for Rjd2 had some awesome video synced with his music. Effects being applied to the video and different scenes triggered live as he'd turn analog knobs.
3. Talkdemonic (2008)- Played at a small bar. There are only 2 members. A talented drummer, and a violinist with a loop pedal. Small intimate crowd and awesome music.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley